Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 20 of 232
« First < 10181920 21223070120 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 03:43 AM 12-02-2009
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Last night's speech the President gave was short and to the point; why they are increasing the numbers in Afghanistan and for how long. We'll see in 5 years how things are going then and what the status is. Well, today should be a quiet one with things back to normal here at West Point and all. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:15 AM 12-03-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. We're catching the train into the City today to see the Xmas tree in Rockefeller Center and then off to the famous Rocketts show. Should be a great day and I wish the same for all of you....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:02 AM 12-04-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewin'. Well, we had a good time yesterday in the City and the Rockettes were great. Today, I'm taking another day off to spend it with Beth and hit a mall or two and do some Christmas shopping. I figured that the stores would be less hectic today than tomorrow so off we will be going shortly. I hope everyone has a good weekend and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 08:03 AM 12-05-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I see that the weather folks are calling for snow in the northeast by this evening. Here is the weather according to NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Today: Rain and snow likely before noon, then snow. High near 36. North wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 24. North wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

I'm planning on heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigar in a little bit to enjoy a couple of primo stogies and see how the fellas are doing. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:37 AM 12-07-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday there were a few upsets in the NFL and a couple of blowouts as well. This week is Army / Navy week with the big game this Saturday in Philadelphia. Beth and I will be heading down that way Friday morning as we have a Veterans / Man of the Year Dinner to attend in the evening at Scannicchio's Restaurant. If the final score has Army on top, they will be bowl eligible and headin' down to Washington D.C. for it:

http://goarmysports.com/SplashPage.d...H_AD_ID=484524

I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys, GO ARMY......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:11 AM 12-09-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0400. We had our first "Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call" for the 2009 - 2010 winter season. After all the key leader's input, the Garrison Commander went with "Code Red" till 1000(10am) and then "Code White" the remainder of the day.

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED UNTIL (slated time)" Employees should not report until the announcement time. Supervisors will excuse absences without charge to leave for all employees affected whether or not leave was previously approved. Employees who do not report for work by the announced time will be charged leave for the remainder of their absence if it was properly requested and approved.

"WEST POINT IS CODE WHITE UNTIL (stated time, or, all day)." The West Point Snow Policy is in effect until the stated time, or all day. Employees, who might be prevented from reporting to work, should be granted annual leave, accrued compensatory time or LWOP if they prefer. Employees still need to contact their supervisor for approval. Specific procedures for requesting leave in these circumstances are at the discretion of each activity.

http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherCond...SnowPolicy.htm

Once the snow starts to stop, I'll head out and clean off the cars so I can head out around 0930(9:30am). I hope everyone has a good day and be careful if you have to drive in this stuff......... :-)

Oh yeah, GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:03 AM 12-10-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, we are one day away from Beth and I driving down to Philly to enjoy our Army / Navy weekend. There are a few pre-game festivities to attend starting with tomorrow evening's dinner and then the meet and greet at Cookies Tavern (Marine Corps bar) http://www.memorymatephoto.com/My%20...dy%20Wags.html Saturday at noon. From there, we walk down to the stadium which is roughly 6 to 7 blocks finishing our cigars and what ever adult beverages we are enjoying at the time. Today being Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening for a cigar or two and catching up on this weeks news. I hope everyone has a great day and GO ARMY....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:19 AM 12-11-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. It's almost time to head out and go in the direction of Philadelphia, PA. It should be a great weekend and I hope Army wins so we get to go to a Bowl game. I hope everyone has a great weekend as well and enjoys....... :-)

[Reply]
Stogieman 03:41 AM 12-14-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, congrats to the Navy for winning it 8 in a row with a final score of 17 - 3. I do have some very sad new, my brother-in-law Jerry passed away Saturday evening, he was only 49 years old. He was a very kind and loving person and will be missed dearly. Have a safe week...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:52 AM 12-15-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. I hope everyone is getting their holiday shopping done and remember to get that one special gift. Have a great day and enjoy....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:51 AM 12-16-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I see that the winter weather is finally here in the northeast. The weather guessers are predicting some cold weather for the next few days with an average low of 16 degrees:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

If you have to smoke out doors, ensure that you bundle up in layers and fire up a petite corona for a change. Have a happy hump day and enjoy....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:37 AM 12-17-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewin' as always. Well, we are roughly 1 week away from Christmas and I hope everyone has most of their holiday shopping done. Anyway, being that it's Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying their famous Pub Burgers and then smoking a couple of primo stogies. If your in the area and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. I hope everyone has a great day either way and enjoys a favorite or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:38 AM 12-18-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. We had a good time last night enjoying pub burgers and then some primo ceegars. I can hardly believe that just last week we were outside in Philly enjoying 50 degrees weather during the Army / Navy weekend and now it's in the single digits here in NY. Tomorrow is the funeral services for my brother-in-law Jerry which I'm sure will be a solem occasion. I hope all of you have a good weekend and relax if you can, T.G.I.F......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:24 AM 12-20-2009
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is hittin' the spot. Yesterday's memorial church service for our brother-in-law Jerry was very nice. We all know that he's in a better place now with God watchin' over him. Jerry will be trully missed but not forgotten. Between last night and this morning we got about 4 to 5 inches of the white stuff so after I'm done here, I'll bundle up and clean off the Jeeps. Today, we have some good football to watch and see who puts themselves in playoff contention. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing good and enjoys this day off....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:01 AM 12-21-2009
Good morning all and yes, a new pot of joe is brewin'. We are 4 days from Christmas and it will be here before we know it. I'm done with work for the holidays this Wednesday at noon and don't have to go in till next Monday unless we have some sort of emergency. Yesterday we had some great NFL games on the TV and a few more teams are locked in for the playoffs and other eliminated. I hope everyone has a good Christmas week and takes the time to enjoy a favorite of two or....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:51 AM 12-22-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Only a few days away and the big man in red will be here puttin' out presents for the kiddies and eating the cookies and drinking the milk you all put out. I wanted to say to all of you that are traveling during this hoilday season, be safe and get to where to your going without a hitch. Happy hoildays all and enjoy the day....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 07:31 AM 12-24-2009
Good morning all and a Merry Christmas eve to all. Today will be a relaxing one visiting relatives and going to Church as well. I hope everyone has a happy holiday and enjoys...... :-)

Oh yeah, the coffee is definitely on!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 08:07 AM 12-25-2009
Good morning all and a Merry Christmas to all. The coffee is on and the kelbasi is going in the frying pan shortly and the rye bread is getting delivered fresh by my brother-in-law Micheal. I hope everyone has a great day with friends and family..... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:55 AM 12-26-2009
Good morning everyone and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Yesterday was a great time as always spending it with loved ones. Not sure what's up for today as of yet, it is George's 59th birthday (Roadie) and it would be nice to smoke a special one with him in honor of it. I think there are a couple of college bowl games today and I have some after Christmas stuff to get done as well. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a favorite or two or....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 07:06 AM 12-27-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Got to see a couple of good Bowl games yesterday as well as stop by at Hudson Valley Cigars and smoke a couple with the boys. Today should be another relaxing one with few NFL games on as well as a late Bowl game from Nashville, TN. I hope everyone has a relaxing one as well and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Page 20 of 232
« First < 10181920 21223070120 > Last »
Up