Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 57 of 138
« First < 747555657 585967107 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
thecatch83 05:09 AM 03-01-2011
Never been a fan of a relight cigar, and in most instances, the flavor profile is very harsh, hot and peppery. If I know I will be in windy conditions, cold etc. I will try not to smoke something too top shelf. If you can't avoid relighting, try cutting past the burned foot so you don't get any burnt binder, filler etc.
[Reply]
OLS 07:50 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
Thanks fellas. I have already tossed this one out but I will check the others. .
Safety is an individual concern for sure, but I would not have tossed that cigar for that discoloration,
nor would I toss any others. Like others have said, it doesn't look like the result of some exhaustive
wrapper sorting process by any means, but when you are smoking dried up leaves to begin with, it's
not like a little discoloration is going to kill you. ACTUALLY it looks like some kind of treasure map. Based
on the band appearance, that's not something I would take lightly. Is there an "X" ?
[Reply]
qsalinas 10:51 AM 03-07-2011
I was wondering where to post a question I have on prices. I'm thinking of buying a box of OpusX LostCity Toro from my local B&M but don't know if I'm getting a good price.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:59 AM 03-07-2011
All cigar discussion would work if somebody doesn't answer you here.
[Reply]
qsalinas 11:12 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
All cigar discussion would work if somebody doesn't answer you here.
Thanks...
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 01:42 AM 03-11-2011
What are the taste and color attributes of a "natural wrapper?"
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:51 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
What are the taste and color attributes of a "natural wrapper?"
The term natural wrapper is used very broadly. "Natural wrappers" run from very light to very dark and from creamy to spicy. It depends on the particular strain of wrapper tobacco being used as to the taste.

Usually when an ad says it's a natural wrapper, that means it's not a maduro. As long as it't not maduro it could be any strain.
[Reply]
Flynnster 01:00 PM 03-11-2011
Question for today, what is the point of the nicer more expensive cutters? Do they cut better or are they just for looks? I've been using my $4 dual blade from my B&M for the past few months and never had any problems with it.
[Reply]
kickerb 01:05 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
Question for today, what is the point of the nicer more expensive cutters? Do they cut better or are they just for looks? I've been using my $4 dual blade from my B&M for the past few months and never had any problems with it.
just because it is $$$ doesnt mean its better. but I am a Xikar fan, I own the X1 and it just feels great in my hand. i think you will find it smoother and easier cut with something higher-end like a Xikar. plus that will last a lifetime, and they have a very solid lifetime warranty. :-)
[Reply]
Powers 01:07 PM 03-11-2011
In my opinion it's a little bit of both but mainly it's just for show. The best cutter IMHO is a Palio. It's around 40 bucks, it's not flashy and they have a great warranty. I can't justify paying much more than that for a cutter

You basically want the sharpest blade available and one that won't loose it's edge. :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 01:08 PM 03-11-2011
actually, ive been using a punch more often, its starting to be my cut of choice.
[Reply]
guitar4001 02:43 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by qsalinas:
I was wondering where to post a question I have on prices. I'm thinking of buying a box of OpusX LostCity Toro from my local B&M but don't know if I'm getting a good price.
I don't want to post the link or name of another popular cigar fourm, but I am pretty sure that if you google Arturo Fuente, you can find their web community. The guys on that site are RIDICULOUS when it comes to Fuente cigars, but very knowledgeable about prices and availability of Opus X and related sticks.
[Reply]
guitar4001 02:46 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
In my opinion it's a little bit of both but mainly it's just for show. The best cutter IMHO is a Palio. It's around 40 bucks, it's not flashy and they have a great warranty. I can't justify paying much more than that for a cutter

You basically want the sharpest blade available and one that won't loose it's edge. :-)
yep. Sharp and portable is what I need.

-Paul
[Reply]
OLS 02:48 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by guitar4001:
The guys on that site are RIDICULOUS when it comes to Fuente cigars, but very knowledgeable about prices and availability of Opus X and related sticks.
Haha, yu said it. Man there are some that....well, I won't go there, since I am the CA equivalent.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:50 PM 03-11-2011
While there are some decent cheap cutters, and even one excellent one I am aware of (though discontinued), a majority of cheap cutters I used early on tending to pinch the cigar at the head because the blade(s) were not sharp enough. This lead to wrapper damage, unraveled cigars, tight draws, etc. I am happy with the money I spent on my Palio.
[Reply]
timj219 10:14 PM 03-11-2011
I used a cheap cutter when I first started. Actually I used a razor but then I got a cheap cutter. The cheap cutter worked very well for awhile but then began to cut less cleanly and easily and to pinch the cap as it cut. It seemed clear that eventually the cheap cutter was going to ruin a good cigar. I got a xikar xi2 at the devil site for ~ $20 that makes a nice clean cut every time and feels better in the hand.
Good tools are a pleasure to use.
[Reply]
TheFool 10:47 PM 03-11-2011
I'm still pretty new to cigars, but I've noticed that some cigars don't really get an ember. The end will burn, and you can smoke them, but there's no ember. What's going on here? I think I've also been noticing that these cigars will go out much more easily and don't tend to taste as good. Am I doing something wrong, what is this?
[Reply]
joeobx 06:07 AM 03-12-2011
Too wet. I TRY to let mine sit in the humi for a while.....doesn't always work out that way though.
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 06:14 AM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I never toast. Never found that it made a difference.

:-)
I haven't tried toasting too..
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:25 AM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by TheFool:
I'm still pretty new to cigars, but I've noticed that some cigars don't really get an ember. The end will burn, and you can smoke them, but there's no ember. What's going on here? I think I've also been noticing that these cigars will go out much more easily and don't tend to taste as good. Am I doing something wrong, what is this?
I agree that it sound like they are too wet. At what rh% do you keep your cigars?
[Reply]
Page 57 of 138
« First < 747555657 585967107 > Last »
Up