Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Coffee Discussion>grinder question
mosesbotbol 05:28 AM 01-21-2020
Spend the money and get a Rancilio Rocky. I know it's initially more than you want to spend, but I have had mine 23 years and works like new. In the end, you'll spend less and have a cooler grinder.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:19 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Spend the money and get a Rancilio Rocky. I know it's initially more than you want to spend, but I have had mine 23 years and works like new. In the end, you'll spend less and have a cooler grinder.
Hopefully he didn't wait 8 years for your recommendation, Moses. :-) :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 08:30 AM 01-21-2020
A good cup of coffee can't be rushed. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:37 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hopefully he didn't wait 8 years for your recommendation, Moses. :-) :-)
Good advice has no expiration
[Reply]
icehog3 01:55 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Good advice has no expiration
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/12-st...rom-_b_5002506

Agree to disagree? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 03:26 PM 02-16-2021
So on the Cuisinart grinder... I went with that and not totally regretting it, but wishing I waited a tad longer.....

Anyhow, anyone have ideas on how to help out with the static issue? My goodness!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:58 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
So on the Cuisinart grinder... I went with that and not totally regretting it, but wishing I waited a tad longer.....

Anyhow, anyone have ideas on how to help out with the static issue? My goodness!
I recently saw on America’s Test Kitchen were they added a few drops of water to the whole beans. Got rid of the static issue.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 04:11 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I recently saw on America’s Test Kitchen were they added a few drops of water to the whole beans. Got rid of the static issue.
No luck although I haven't experimented a lot with that method.
[Reply]
gorob23 04:47 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by sevans105:
So, Dani, the coffee fanatic here, has been making do with a whirlyblade grinder. After reading through the threads here, it's obvious that she needs a burr grinder. Any recommendations? NOT looking to spend a fortune....please be reasonable. :-)
Sorry I thought this was about my younger days when I went out dancing :-)

Rob :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:23 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by gorob23:
Sorry I thought this was about my younger days when I went out dancing :-)

Rob :-)
The blonde wants to hear the stories. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:42 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
No luck although I haven't experimented a lot with that method.
No idea then. I just live with it on my burr grinder. Although right now it’s not creating any static. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:20 AM 02-17-2021
I just replace the burrs on my Rocky grinder. 25 year in, figured it was about due... Grinds so much faster. Should have done it 15 years ago!

Had to bring one of the old burrs and backing plate to an auto mechanic. I couldn't loosen one screw. Well worth the the $10 I paid him.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:56 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
No idea then. I just live with it on my burr grinder. Although right now it’s not creating any static. :-)
I have come to deal with it but if there was a better solution than the water, I would try as well.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:12 AM 05-22-2021
Garry, probably a dumb question but did you stir beans?

If you read this, Sorry Adam I just busted out laughing after I read that out loud. . . :-)

Check out this guys video(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Dh1W40ILY
[Reply]
T.G 08:26 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Garry, probably a dumb question but did you stir beans?

If you read this, Sorry Adam I just busted out laughing after I read that out loud. . . :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up