Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Tea Discussion>Chaga tea (birch medicine)
pektel 05:40 AM 06-29-2014
I recently found out about this stuff about a month ago. It's the black growth/fungus found on the side of birch trees. This fungus does grow on other trees as well, but birch chaga is the one you want.

Tons of antioxidants, extremely good for digestive and immune health, great for nourishing the liver, and apparently is.very effective against free radicals in the body.

I brew it into iced tea (3 gallon jug in the fridge), and throw in a little natural honey and a quartered lemon. Tastes pretty much like regular iced tea. I drink about 3 cups a day.

Any other chaga drinkers around here? I'd be interested to hear others' experiences too.
[Reply]
jpb437 10:58 PM 07-23-2014
I love all kinds of teas and tisanes but I have never heard of this. I am going to have to give it a try where do you buy it?
[Reply]
pektel 08:40 AM 11-23-2014
Originally Posted by jpb437:
I love all kinds of teas and tisanes but I have never heard of this. I am going to have to give it a try where do you buy it?
I cut a chunk off a birch tree in my backyard. Looks kind of expensive to buy online.
[Reply]
T.G 08:49 AM 11-23-2014
Originally Posted by pektel:
Any other chaga drinkers around here? I'd be interested to hear others' experiences too.
It turned me into a newt.

But I got better.
[Reply]
pektel 08:59 AM 11-23-2014
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:49 AM 01-20-2021
I see dead people.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:31 AM 01-20-2021
I see resurrected threads. :-)
[Reply]
retired 11:02 AM 01-20-2021
Birch tree bark also contains salicylic acid..precursor to synthetic aspirin (willow also). Very useful when inda bush and a headache comes on. Anti inflammatory too! best to read up on application and possible side effects
[Reply]
Up