Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Injured at work
ChasDen 09:32 PM 01-11-2009
Here is to a speedy recovery :-)

Look on the bright side in about 3 weeks you will have lots of time to organize the vino :-)

Chas
[Reply]
fissure 12:26 PM 01-14-2009
In case anyone wanted to know, Andrew just got out of surgery and is in recovery now. Everything went fine, but took longer than expected since the first time he broke it, it never healed correctly.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:31 PM 01-14-2009
Thanks for the update... I knew he was having the surgery this week but had forgotten what day. If there is anything he needs let me know.
[Reply]
bob staebell 02:45 PM 01-14-2009
Not to put a damper on your cigar plans, but you may want to read this.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/brok...okingbones.htm

There have been a number of studies over the years on healing rates & non-unions (failure to heal) of broken bones & smokers vs non smokers. Something to think about.

cheers,
Bob
[Reply]
Conch Republican 06:35 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Old Sailor:
Andrew, I have just the fix to make you feel better.....start smokin your brothers cigars!! Heal fast my friend.:-):-)
:-)

And when he run's out - grab some from Dave - he is on the water :-) :-):
[Reply]
DPD6030 08:40 AM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by bob staebell:
Not to put a damper on your cigar plans, but you may want to read this.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/brok...okingbones.htm

There have been a number of studies over the years on healing rates & non-unions (failure to heal) of broken bones & smokers vs non smokers. Something to think about.

cheers,
Bob
Doc. told me to not smoke for a while. The first time I broke it they never did surgery and it healed with scar tissue. Now I have a screw in my wrist. Won't be smoking for a bit but don' plan on giving it up. Thanks for the article. :-)
[Reply]
poker 08:46 AM 01-15-2009
Wishing a speedy & full recovery for you.

You could always download some movies on your Xbox to help pass the time with your favorite smoke! :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:56 AM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Doc. told me to not smoke for a while. The first time I broke it they never did surgery and it healed with scar tissue. Now I have a screw in my wrist. Won't be smoking for a bit but don' plan on giving it up. Thanks for the article. :-)

The Cincinnati Herf sounds like a good time to have a few sticks. :-)

Best of luck on the recovery :-)
[Reply]
CigaSkills9 11:08 AM 01-15-2009
Glad surgery went well. Sorry but the no smoking hit. Have a fast and speedy recovery, they need you out there on the streets! be safe and Peace!
[Reply]
Diesel Kinevel 03:28 PM 01-15-2009
Its good to hear your surgery went well, enjoy the time off, but Im sure your probably itching to get back to work/out of the house
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:42 PM 01-20-2009

About a 2 1/2-3 inch nice scar on my right belt-line hip area. Yes, that seems to be fishing line. I can't see stitches but can see two loops of what appears to be monofilament. Not much to get excited about but I thought I'd share. That scar hurts worse than my wrist with the screw in it. If I can have them send me a total cost on what the operation cost the insurance I may have a contest like Scott did when he had his back surgery. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up