Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 35 of 199
« First < 25333435 36374585135 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
JohnnyFlake 11:57 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
I'm currently looking for a new bourbon to try... something off the beaten path so to speak any suggestions, favorites you enjoy?
Here are a few that you don't hear about very often, but are actually very, very good. Because of a few friends, and a few bottles I have, I get to try them now and then and I always truly enjoy them.

Old Crow - Great Stuff!
Basil Hayden's
Old Forester
Old Grand Dad 100 proof - I love this!
Alberta Springs
[Reply]
OLS 11:59 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Finished the cigar dinner event last night and went over to one of the dinner attendees to continue the bourbon sampling. Here is a picture of what our options were. Needless to say, it was unreal.
BULL$HIT! That's the liquor table at the shack, I'd know it anywhere!
Attached: IMG_0359.jpg (104.2 KB) 
[Reply]
McSmokey 12:20 PM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Well, Justin, I am an oddball, as you know. I stock WIld Turkey, but not many love that too much.
When it comes down to grabbing a bottle of show-stopping sippin whiskey, you would have a hard
time topping Woodford's Reserve. 4 Roses Single Barrel is fine. Eagle Rare is no slouch. I guess
none are off the beaten path, as you characterize it. But maybe that's right about what you wanted.
If not, reading most of this thread is a great activity.

I guess what I'm looking for is something not found normally in my area. Around here you are pretty well limited to Jack, Jim, Evan, Turkey... Woodford would be top of the shelf in most of my stores. Anything more I'll have to get online or wait til my next kinfolk visit in Tenn where bourbon flows out-o-the rocks.
[Reply]
OLS 12:22 PM 10-01-2010
Yep, folks love that basil hayden's. As for me drinking Old Crow would freak me out
with old time memories. I thought that stuff was for bootleggers and souses. But it
wouldn't be the biggest surprise for me this week.

That makes it tough, Justin. If Woodford is top shelf (and it generally is) then most of
the other ones I mentioned would also be prohibitive if even available. I believe the
Flake has better reccos for you in that case. I bet you find Old Forrester and maybe even
that Old Crow, lol. Or next time you come up Memphis Way, stop in at Buster's. You will
go all glassy-eyed in that joint.
[Reply]
e-man67 12:44 PM 10-01-2010
I am on an Eagle Rare kick lately...great stuff! Buffalo Trace is also very good.
[Reply]
OLS 01:01 PM 10-01-2010
Pulled a few hundred clams out of the vault and I am gonna hit Buster's on the way
home without trying to do anything based on whta I know, and focus entirely on
what I read here today. We'll see where that gets me, lol. i am really looking HARD
at the Stagg, that high proof stuff. I think I will also pick up some Rittenhouse Rye
and maybe some Van Winkle 15 YO. I think I might escape with some change.
[Reply]
e-man67 01:28 PM 10-01-2010
Pulled a few hundred clams out of the vault and I am gonna hit Buster's on the way
home without trying to do anything based on whta I know, and focus entirely on
what I read here today. We'll see where that gets me, lol. i am really looking HARD
at the Stagg, that high proof stuff. I think I will also pick up some Rittenhouse Rye
and maybe some Van Winkle 15 YO. I think I might escape with some change.
Rittenhouse is my favorite Rye..you will like this!
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:04 PM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Rittenhouse is my favorite Rye..you will like this!
Why have you never given me any? :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:08 PM 10-01-2010
I guess what I'm looking for is something not found normally in my area. Around here you are pretty well limited to Jack, Jim, Evan, Turkey... Woodford would be top of the shelf in most of my stores. Anything more I'll have to get online or wait til my next kinfolk visit in Tenn where bourbon flows out-o-the rocks.
You'll find a decent selection up here as well, gives you a reason to come back and herf with me :-)
[Reply]
McSmokey 02:15 PM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
You'll find a decent selection up here as well, gives you a reason to come back and herf with me :-)
I need to!! I love T-town but sometimes you just gotta get away!
[Reply]
LostAbbott 03:24 PM 10-01-2010
Rowan Creek
Rowan Creek
Rowan Creek

Get some if you can.

http://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/rowan_creek.php
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:02 AM 10-08-2010
BULL$HIT! That's the liquor table at the shack, I'd know it anywhere!
Haha, nope, that was in Louisville, KY. Bourbon Country!
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:20 AM 10-08-2010
Is the BTAC out yet???
[Reply]
e-man67 11:11 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Why have you never given me any? :-)
You had it! You only drink Coke anyways!
[Reply]
gvarsity 07:54 AM 10-09-2010
Well, Justin, I am an oddball, as you know. I stock WIld Turkey, but not many love that too much.
When it comes down to grabbing a bottle of show-stopping sippin whiskey, you would have a hard
time topping Woodford's Reserve. 4 Roses Single Barrel is fine. Eagle Rare is no slouch. I guess
none are off the beaten path, as you characterize it. But maybe that's right about what you wanted.
If not, reading most of this thread is a great activity.
I havent't read the entire thread but a good one I havent seen mentioned is Evan Williams Single Barrel. Very carmelly. yummy stuff.
[Reply]
smokin5 08:14 PM 10-09-2010
The Evan Williams Single Barrel is especially
good when paired with a Punch Gran Puro.
Check it out! :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:49 AM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Rowan Creek
Rowan Creek
Rowan Creek

Get some if you can.

http://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/rowan_creek.php
Oh really? hmmm....I'll give it a try.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 12:03 PM 10-12-2010
I need to!! I love T-town but sometimes you just gotta get away!
My wife has family in Tuscaloosa and I'm down there every once in a while. If you find something you really want to try, and can't find it, let me know. I'll pick it up and bring it down when I come. I'll be there for christmas for sure, and it looks like my wife will be there the week before Thanksgiving.

Oh, and Ryi 1 is pretty good and a bit off the wall, but Four Roses single barrel and Buffalo Trace are my go to's right now.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 12:05 PM 10-12-2010
Does anyone know when the BTAC is being released this year? We got very little of it here in Ga last year and I'm on the hunt for Stagg and Eagle Rare.
[Reply]
Powers 12:10 PM 10-12-2010
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
I havent't read the entire thread but a good one I havent seen mentioned is Evan Williams Single Barrel. Very carmelly. yummy stuff.
I like to save up my college budget and go after nicer bourbons at Christmas, normally they'll throw in a freebie for the same price of a bottle. Last year I a kick @ss flask was paired w/Evan Williams Single Barrel. I thought it was really good (compared to Beam, regular Williams and Wild Turkey) but haven't sampled enough to know where it ranks :-)
[Reply]
Page 35 of 199
« First < 25333435 36374585135 > Last »
Up