Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>LaAroma De Cuba Edicion Especial No. 1
borndead1 03:20 PM 03-02-2013
Size: corona gorda

Cut 1 stick and it was plugged solid. So I cut another one. Poor-ish construction. Cigar is not rounded well. Loose draw.

First inch or so was good. Turned to straight ammonia after that. Blech.

I hate to say this, but ol' Pepin has been slipping. He's made quite a few sub par cigars over the last few years, and this one can be added to that list. Shame.
[Reply]
bdgile 05:20 PM 03-02-2013
I think he is realizing how in demand he really is and stretching himself too thin.
[Reply]
RobR1205 05:22 PM 03-02-2013
How many others of this cigar have you had? I got a sampler box, and remember some of the sizes to be quite good...maybe a bad stick? But then again, I haven't a Pepin in a while now, maybe I need to...
[Reply]
borndead1 09:23 AM 03-03-2013
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
How many others of this cigar have you had? I got a sampler box, and remember some of the sizes to be quite good...maybe a bad stick? But then again, I haven't a Pepin in a while now, maybe I need to...

I guess it's possible that I got 2 straight bad ones. But the first one was a tent peg and the second one tasted like a$$, so that was enough to turn me off to the whole line.

I used to be a huge DPG fan, even back before he blew up and you could get the El Rey de los Habanos and Vegas Cubanas for $3-$5 a stick at the B&M. But in the last couple of years I've run into too many poorly constructed and/or nasty tasting cigars, and I'm just not as eager anymore to try any of his new blends. Now Jaime, on the other hand...IMO he has put out nothing but pure awesome *so far*. :-)
[Reply]
Up