Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Robusto "C" Reviews/Discussions
jledou 03:46 AM 04-11-2013
Interesting, not one of my favorite Tatauje's but that is one thing that makes Pete's different cigars as interesting as they are because you can probably find several you like.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:00 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by Jason:
well if there's a more interesting reveal I'll be gobsmacked.I truly did not like this cigar and smoked them all, quite a bad sample of a marca I've rarely had any trouble with. I've actually had a few Tats I really liked and had an overall high opinion of them, never had an offensive one until now

I'm confused :-)
Hmmm, interesting. Is it because the cigars have been so good? Or, because the name was one you liked, when you smoked one with the band on it you graded it higher than it really deserved?

Again, I will ask the question of whether the poor performance was because it had done thousands of miles of travel in adverse temperature conditions - and if that affected the performance of this cigar?

Originally Posted by Weelok:
Rev you have out done my expectations and surprised me to no end. I have never had a J21 but even so I would never guessed it tasted as it did. I can't wait to smoke the C I have waiting for me. I really missed the strength mark on this one and just focused in on the sweetness.

I am shocked it was not a Conecticut Broadleaf and it was a ligero leaf wrapper!!! I must have eaten something wierd before smoking my samples or had a beer that corrupted my palate. All I can say is I was owned!

My hats off to the enlightening experience of this blind review process.

Thank you so much for setting this up !!!
You are welcome.

I do think that with bands on, expectations really do come to play in how we respond to cigars we smoke.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:31 AM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:

I do think that with bands on, expectations really do come to play in how we respond to cigars we smoke.
Yep, just like with wines. Pour a $20 cab/merlot blend into someone's glass and tell them it's an $80 Bordeaux and they rate it higher than if they know they're drinking the $20 wine. It's amazing how perception of value can color our thoughts.
[Reply]
Jason 01:48 PM 04-11-2013
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Hmmm, interesting. Is it because the cigars have been so good? Or, because the name was one you liked, when you smoked one with the band on it you graded it higher than it really deserved?

Again, I will ask the question of whether the poor performance was because it had done thousands of miles of travel in adverse temperature conditions - and if that affected the performance of this cigar?
I would say it's because the cigars were consistently decent. One of the first Tats I ever had was a brown banded pyramide, like a no2 in size and it was other-worldly delicious. I ended up rather disappointed with every one I had after that early one, they didn't come close to measuring up, but they were decent cigars. I like to think I don't care about a name, that it doesn't affect my perception of flavor, I'm frugal but don't have trouble paying for true quality, probably why I've not smoked a ton of Tatuaje. Aside from that pyramide I've found them decent but not worth the price they fetch.

On travel and conditions, I do not know. In my experience I like cigars off the truck but then they have a short period where they need to be left alone to come around, by short I mean a week or so, and I can usually get a feel for that through a box, but this was a smaller sample so it may very well have a been a factor
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:53 PM 04-11-2013
I got no spice from these. They were just spot on for me. Can't say I've ever had a J21, but it was my favorite of the lots. I'll definitely have to look into this smoke. Thanks, Todd, for giving me a pleasant surprise!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up