Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Robusto "A" Reviews/Discussion
Weelok 11:05 PM 04-10-2013
Wow!!! This is another cigar that I have only smoked cousins of being the Queen Bee and only once. This cigar really impressed me and the more so considering the very reasonable price for these cigars.

Another surprise cigar for me and one I will be sure to try more often. I can definitely state this cigar matched my palate better then an OpusX which I find is too strong for my palate.
[Reply]
jledou 03:52 AM 04-11-2013
For me the Fuente's are typically not in my go to range other than the OpusX, Anejo and the Hemingway series. Their regular lines and I don't cross paths very often except for a few of the regular line maduros from time to time.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:51 AM 04-11-2013
I used to smoke lots of the Chateau in the Conni & Maduro wrapper for lots of years. In my cigar experience, the SG version came out in "recent history" and is a fine addition. I must admit, I haven't had one of the original versions in quite a while.

As an aside, I used to pick up the Chateau, even as late as 1995, for $21 a box (have a catalogue that says so). I also used to enjoy immensely the AF Rothschild, especially at $24 for a box of 25, a nice Cameroon wrapper 4.5X50 stick.

Today, if you watch closely, you can find Chateaus for about $79 a box and the Rothschilds for about $95, both prices are over 3 times higher than what they were.

I also know that they do not taste like they used to. I smoked them for about 15 years and one box tasted just like another for many years. What changed? I am not sure. I do know that they had a couple storage facility fires, and that may have greatly affected things.

AF still makes some great smokes, even in their standard lines. Everybody gravitates to the Opus, Anejo, and Hemingway lines, but there other stuff is good too.
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:42 PM 04-11-2013
Awesome! I got the sungrown part correct!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up