Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Quesada Oktoberfest Bavarian
omowasu 05:57 PM 10-11-2012
I have enjoyed the Manuel Quesada blends off and on throughout the years. Most were perfectly enjoyable but not the best cigars I have had. I picked up one of the Oktoberfest Bavarians from the local B&M thinking it would be like prior Quesadas.... boy was I wrong!

This cigar had a beautiful dark wrapper, thick and triple capped, and smelled great - like hay and cedar. Off the light I got an instant full-bodied smack of pepper and dark chocolate! This was a full bodied Quesada - I was impressed! There was a lingering taste of pleasant bitterness, almost like the hop aftertaste of a good ale. So, I chose a good ale to pair with the cigar (as suggested) - a local brewery (Onion Brewery) Pumpkin Ale. The beer and cigar went very well together - it wasnt just a marketing gimmick... The strength of the cigar would get washed away by the beer leaving a wonderful aftertaste of both.

Pepper stayed in the picture for the first half of the cigar while the chocolate notes faded into coffee and cedar. I could detect some citrus twang in there too, probably from the all-Dominican filler and binder. Kinda reminded me of an Opus X a little bit. I like citrus twang. I also had a good N buzz by this point. At the 2/3 mark, bitterness crept up but a purge cleared most of it out.

Recommended - Get them before they are gone - its an enjoyable stick, and does indeed pair well with a good beer!
Attached: 20121011_182003.jpg (35.4 KB) 20121011_180205.jpg (82.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Brlesq 06:58 PM 10-11-2012
Last year's Oktoberfest was a pretty decent cigar. I'll have to try one from this year to see if they're the same.
[Reply]
Ogre 07:05 PM 10-11-2012
Thanks for the review, will have to check them out.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:59 PM 10-13-2012
Awesome review! I enjoy these. I too thought their marketing was a gimmick, and boy was I wrong! I smoked my first one without a beer and didn't think it was anything special. Almost wrote this one off, but I tried another one with a Sammy Oktoberfest and it was like a completely different cigar. I usually enjoy a beer with any cigar, but a nice malty beer plays off this cigar particularly well.
[Reply]
ziggy4112003 05:47 PM 11-09-2012
I got one of these in a bomb from another forum, do not drink alcohol at all any suggestions coffee, cola, ect...
[Reply]
maninblack 07:22 PM 11-10-2012
Got two boxes of these! Freaking love them!
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 05:40 PM 11-11-2012
Originally Posted by ziggy4112003:
I got one of these in a bomb from another forum, do not drink alcohol at all any suggestions coffee, cola, ect...
Not sure how it would pair with this specific cigar, but as far as non-alcoholic, I sometimes drink Dr. Pepper with cigars. I love iced coffee as well. Either of those might be a good option. I have heard other brothers swear by Cream Soda. Sounds interesting but never tried that.
[Reply]
BMack 05:47 PM 01-09-2013
To me these taste like a coffee infused ale...If I drink anything with these, it's water because these are soo darn good by themselves!
[Reply]
Up