Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Corona (picture heavy)
mkarnold1 08:10 PM 03-09-2012
I acquired this new offering from Tatuaje recently and was very much looking forward to smoking it. It was very well constructed with few visible veins in the wrapper. The stick was rather firm with no soft spots and the cap cut cleanly with no cracking in the wrapper. Pre-light draw was clean, not too tight and not too easy to pull through. Nice leathery flavor to the cap.
1st third
I charred it up and it started out with a nice amount of pepper and some smooth leathery tobacco flavors. Not as much pepper as some of the other Tats that I've had. The pepper flavor slowly went away as the first inch burned away and the cigar became very smooth with the leathery tobacco flavors remaining. Throughout the first third the burn was consistent and straight and cigar produced a nice, thick smoke.
[Reply]
Remo 08:16 PM 03-09-2012
Nice Mark, still yet to have the LCC, but soon :-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 08:27 PM 03-09-2012
Middle Third
As the middle third got cooking, there was a small amount of sweetness that found it's was into the flavor of the stick. At this point it is very smooth, almost creamy with a caramel? leathery tobacco flavor. This is a very flavorful and rather complex cigar. I was enjoying it very much at this point. The ash stayed for about 1.5" and was light grey and firm. The burn wandered a bit but a fiery correction was unnecessary. There was still quite a bit of smoke at this point.

Final Third
As I was getting into the last part of this smoke it started to get a little tight in the draw department. I pushed my trusty corn cob holder nub tool into the end and the draw opened back to a delightful finish on this. I was thinking that it would be nice to a have a little pepper come back into the picture, and this stick seemed to read my mind. The caramel and leather flavors remained and were joined by a little bit of a spicy finish. It was giving off copious amounts of smoke at this point.
I smoked this one down to the nub, as you can see. I am not going to attempt a numerical rating, but I think it's fairly obvious where I sit on this opinion wise. I see many more of these in my smoking future!
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:41 PM 03-09-2012
I really liked the few that I have smoked. :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 08:45 PM 03-09-2012
Nice Mark. These are a tasty stick

Hopefully you won't have to be using the PPS too much longer...:-)
[Reply]
tengel78 08:48 PM 03-09-2012
Thanks for the review. I'll have to try one out.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 09:17 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Nice Mark. These are a tasty stick

Hopefully you won't have to be using the PPS too much longer...:-)
It's looking like it's going to be a nice couple days here. But I have grown rather fond of the party shack this winter.
[Reply]
racerX 09:30 PM 03-09-2012
nice review and pics thanks for taking the time to post it. I will look for some.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:04 PM 03-09-2012
Thanks for the review and photo's Mark. Had one of these corona's this afternoon and really enjoyed it. They are box worthy!

[Reply]
HollywoodQue 11:19 PM 03-09-2012
Thanks for sharing!!
[Reply]
irratebass 04:08 AM 03-10-2012
Thanks for your 1st review mark, nicely done. I have one of these that has been in my humi since Nov, maybe I will bust it out today at the herf.
[Reply]
thecatch83 04:49 AM 03-11-2012
These are one of my favorite Tats right now! Delicious American puro blend of pepper/spice and sweetness! Perfect burn, perfect draw and another home run from Pete! Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:08 PM 03-11-2012
I love these! Sweet and a little spicy at the same time, and very cool that is an American puro. Also, IMHO the corona is the perfect size for this line.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 07:35 PM 03-11-2012
I've only gone through a 5er, but cannot get enough of these.
:-)
[Reply]
deadrise 08:09 PM 03-11-2012
very nice review on a great stick
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 03:44 PM 05-13-2013
Thanks to the search feature for helping me find this :-), and thanks to Mark for posting this nice review. I'm looking forward to receiving a 5 pack of these later this week. I was happy to find this review in here and am now awaiting their arrival with even more eagerness.
[Reply]
Zane 03:59 PM 05-13-2013
I have smoked a few of these. I enjoyed each of them.
[Reply]
Up