Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>ion breeze / air purifier
Red 12:13 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by klipsch:
Actually...the unit I referenced does perform like magic. :-)
then fark it! its a must have
[Reply]
Red 12:13 PM 10-03-2009
the villa , the hotel or the suite ?
[Reply]
spectrrr 12:28 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by Red:
the villa , the hotel or the suite ?
How about the Mansion :-)?

No seriously, Walt, does it have ion? I got the impression from their site it was only ozone?
[Reply]
Red 02:12 PM 10-03-2009
i didnt see the mansion on the site ?
[Reply]
spectrrr 02:32 PM 10-03-2009
i didnt see the mansion on the site ?
poor humor, I was just picking a fictional size higher :-)
[Reply]
Red 02:46 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
poor humor, I was just picking a fictional size higher :-)
thats what i thought at first :-)..but then i was like...hrmm maybe there is a bigger one :-)
how much do these things run...i didnt see pricing
[Reply]
Stick 02:49 PM 10-03-2009
how much do these things run...i didnt see pricing
http://www.odorfreemachines.com/Categories.bok
[Reply]
kzm007 05:24 PM 10-03-2009
Just wanted to thank everyone for the info; I may look into these myself now :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 05:55 PM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
How about the Mansion :-)?

No seriously, Walt, does it have ion? I got the impression from their site it was only ozone?
They're ozone generators. Not ionizers. I had originally looked at getting an ionizer back in Dec of last year. As I looked for more and more info to be sure that I got the biggest bang for buck...and didn't have to worry about buyers remorse, I ended up on the Odor Free and Air-Zone sites. I finally decided on the Odor Free unit based on cost and reliability. That also included cost of replacement plates and or filters.
Here's a link to a section of the Air-Zone site about Why Ionizers Don't Work. I ended up buying the Overnight model from Odor Free which is what they now call the Villa. They give you a 30 day trial with the units, so you can see for yourself what it's capable of. From all of the reading and questions asked over the phone, I was led to believe that it would require a unit with an output of about 800 Mg/Hr to eliminate the smell of cigar smoke. That's why I went with the 1000 Mg/Hr Overnight (Villa). I rarely use the unit at anymore than half that output. It all depends on how much time you have to clear the odors. 45 minutes at full power or several hours at 1/3-1/2 power.
I can honestly say that this has without a doubt turned out to be one of the better purchase decisions made I've in the last year or so. I use this thing everywhere in my apartment. If you've got dingy smelling clothes...stick them in a closet with the ozone generator on a high setting for 30 minutes. Everything in the closet will come out smelling like they just came out of the laundry...seriously! Did you make a stupid mistake and put a half smoked cigar in your travel humi? Empty the humi and point the ozone generator at it and the foam for a half hour...it'll smell like it did when you got it new. I have no experience doing this with wooden humidors. But if you put a half smoked stick in your wooden humidor...maybe you deserve to have to buy a new humi so you don't make a mistake like that again...lol
[Reply]
Parshooter 03:29 PM 10-04-2009
So, from what I've read here, the Purifan will take smoke out of the air and the ion/ionizer will just clean smelly air. Is that correct? I'm looking into the Purifan, looks like just what I need for my smoking room. Thanks for the info guys :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 05:17 PM 10-04-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
So, from what I've read here, the Purifan will take smoke out of the air and the ion/ionizer will just clean smelly air. Is that correct? I'm looking into the Purifan, looks like just what I need for my smoking room. Thanks for the info guys :-)
purifan will clean (filter) smelly air, but will do nothing about anything that gets away onto the surfaces in your house. Have to change/wash filters.

ionizer will take particles out of the air and bond them to other surfaces (surfaces get dirtier quicker, still stinks)

ozone will chemically alter whatever it comes into contact with, killing bacteria and neutralizing odors. It will not take smoke out of the air, only make it less stinky :-).
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:03 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
After further investigation, the Purifan won't work (for me). I think I'm going with the Trion SE800E http://www.breathepureair.com/trion_800se.html
An electrician is coming over today to give an estimate on wiring.
[Reply]
Red 10:16 AM 10-08-2009
damn 1900$....whew
[Reply]
the nub 10:36 AM 10-08-2009
I don't care what anyone tells you but filtration and/or ionizers don't work. I've tried almost everything except exhaust, which IMO would be the most logical solution, if feasible. Ozone is the only other thing that is partially effective for long term, consisting smoking environments. It's the cumulative effect of smoke buildup that is the problem. Filtration can never get all of the smoke. Incense and other scents mask the odor but don't eliminate them. Sure, if you smoke once a week, only in the winter, then filters will work. So will candles. So will chanting voodoo.
[Reply]
Red 11:01 AM 10-08-2009
im not really tring to get the smell out..just exsessive smoke in the garage while im smoking..so i dont have to sit in a cloud and can breathe
[Reply]
Parshooter 11:18 AM 10-08-2009
im not really tring to get the smell out..just exsessive smoke in the garage while im smoking..so i dont have to sit in a cloud and can breathe
You just need fans. Forget everything else.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:07 PM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by the nub:
I don't care what anyone tells you but filtration and/or ionizers don't work. I've tried almost everything except exhaust, which IMO would be the most logical solution, if feasible. Ozone is the only other thing that is partially effective for long term, consisting smoking environments. It's the cumulative effect of smoke buildup that is the problem. Filtration can never get all of the smoke. Incense and other scents mask the odor but don't eliminate them. Sure, if you smoke once a week, only in the winter, then filters will work. So will candles. So will chanting voodoo.
Opinions may vary. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:58 PM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Opinions may vary. :-)
Almost a Patrick Swayze quote (he said "Opinions vary." which really seemed to piss the other guy off :-)

(sort of) Sorry for posting this off-topic comment...
[Reply]
RRocket 07:19 PM 10-08-2009
Ozone generators do indeed work like magic. As others have said, I have also been amazed by how excellent they work.

Csonka makes a couple models geared towards cigar smokers, and have a small desktop model called the "Smoker Cloaker"
[Reply]
looking for know 05:30 PM 10-12-2009
Hmm. Is there something that clears the smoke AND heats the space?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up