Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Crap!
kaisersozei 11:22 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
My blazer torch died after 3 years :-) I do have two Xikar Executives but those have small containers, I can light 2 cigars and need to fill it again. That won't work on vacation or a herf.
That was happening to me, too, until I changed the way I refilled mine. The directions say to press the butane for something like 5 seconds. I started pressing that sucker down for 30 seconds until I was getting blowback and freezing around the nipple.

Now my Xikar lasts for 4 cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:12 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
and freezing around the nipple.
did it get hard? :-)
[Reply]
Lumpold 01:03 PM 09-15-2010
Get one of these. They're brilliant.

http://www.salamandercookshop.com/in...4&currency=GBP
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:42 PM 09-15-2010
did it get hard? :-)
I don't want to know!! :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 01:50 PM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Well it doesn't matter anyways since you can't bring torch lighters on the plane with ya. I'm sure those guys will have extra ronsons.
Originally Posted by lbowles2:
Sure you can. The Colibri cases are certified for trasporting a lighter in your check in baggage. Texcigars add claims you can carry it on but I wouldn't bet on it. I have used this a couple of times while traveling.

Colibri Tranzpack Lighter Case
checked luggage, no problem. As long as it's empty.
I just came back from a cruise in Europe on Monday. In my checked luggage I had a travel case, a cutter and two torch lighters (both full). I had no problems.
[Reply]
Lumpold 01:56 PM 09-16-2010
Just as note... maybe I'm just lucky, but the last 2 times I've been long haul (India and the US), the only thing I've had confiscated was my cheapo set of screwdrivers I left in my carry on - which also contained a soft flame lighter, a jet lighter and a box of matches.
[Reply]
Dave128 01:59 PM 09-16-2010
My trip was from Boston to Barcelona. I had no issues. They didn't even search my checked luggage.
[Reply]
Chingas 07:47 PM 09-16-2010
I'll just get a new one. Shipping back and forth with be close to the price of a new one anyway.
That's a bad idea! :-)

What color would you like? :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:05 AM 09-17-2010
don't worry Chingas, I'll be in the US next month and get myself a hand full of cheapo Ronsons.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up