Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New Humi
Chainsaw13 04:49 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by waffle:
This is AT LEAST 3x larger than I think I'll need :-P
That's what I originally thought. Mines probably 2/3 full and I'm already thinking about what my next cabinet might be. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:50 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by quantim0:
What is the shipping running on these monsters?
Right now, $249 from CBid, which is up from the $189 I paid last year.
[Reply]
waffle 05:37 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Right now, $249 from CBid, which is up from the $189 I paid last year.
Yeah $249, but make sure to specifically state you need a liftgate when conversing with the seller b/c they wanted my wife to help unload it when it arrived on a semi.... I simply laughed and told them no way and that if they didnt deliver it where the only involvement my wife had was to make sure it wasnt damaged, I would tell her to refuse delivery.
[Reply]
e-man67 06:22 AM 09-09-2010
was it $250 for shipping as well?
[Reply]
waffle 08:19 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
was it $250 for shipping as well?
Yup, they didn't even say anything.. the shipper said something about with their account discount it would only cost them an extra dollar for it. What happened to the walk-in eric? When are we starting that :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:23 AM 09-09-2010
Yup, they didn't even say anything.. the shipper said something about with their account discount it would only cost them an extra dollar for it. What happened to the walk-in eric? When are we starting that :-)
WOW! :-)
[Reply]
waffle 08:28 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
WOW! :-)
Well they would have lost the sale if they hadn't delivered it with a lift gate b/c there is nothing that states that I would have to help them off-load a 235 lb humidor off a semi-trailer in the $249 delivery charge! C'mon for that much the LEAST they could do is get it to my garage... I'll have some buddies over this weekend to man handle into the dining room, if the delivery guy won't... told my wife to slip him a $20 if he does.
[Reply]
e-man67 08:30 AM 09-09-2010
Don't get it...So was the total $500? or did you not have to pay shipping? Not sure the walk-in will work where I want to put it...may end up doing something else.
[Reply]
waffle 08:31 AM 09-09-2010
Don't get it...So was the total $500? or did you not have to pay shipping? Not sure the walk-in will work where I want to put it...may end up doing something else.
it was $550 inc. shipping.
[Reply]
e-man67 08:32 AM 09-09-2010
K..good deal. Now fill it!
[Reply]
bsmokin 08:33 AM 09-09-2010
Steve... that is beautiful! :-) Can't wait to see it in your dining room. :-)

Good luck and have fun with this great humi!!!!
[Reply]
Chingas 08:36 AM 09-09-2010
K..good deal. Now fill it!
:-)
[Reply]
waffle 08:54 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
:-)
Lol the fill it part's the most fun :-) although, the wife might actually notice ALL the purchases now... "Hey that whole bottom shelf was empty last week...."
[Reply]
bsmokin 09:15 AM 09-09-2010
Lol the fill it part's the most fun :-) although, the wife might actually notice ALL the purchases now... "Hey that whole bottom shelf was empty last week...."
LOL... yea, that's DEFINITELY a major downside of such a nice humi... I think it's probably worth it anyway :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 09:18 AM 09-09-2010
The other down is she may notice Every new box that goes in...

Bad news!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:31 AM 09-09-2010
Its not as heavy as they claim it to be. I moved mine by myself and Ian and I had no problems moving his quite swiftly. If it isn't already there, make sure your wife opens the box and checks the glass before its off the truck, once she signs for it, no recourse for you. :-)

I think I only paid $125 for shipping on mine, although that was quite some time ago.

Originally Posted by Chingas:
The other down is she may notice Every new box that goes in...

Bad news!
24 hour rule. If she doesn't notice the purchase within 24 hours, she can't be mad about it.
[Reply]
waffle 09:56 AM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Its not as heavy as they claim it to be. I moved mine by myself and Ian and I had no problems moving his quite swiftly. If it isn't already there, make sure your wife opens the box and checks the glass before its off the truck, once she signs for it, no recourse for you. :-)

I think I only paid $125 for shipping on mine, although that was quite some time ago.

24 hour rule. If she doesn't notice the purchase within 24 hours, she can't be mad about it.
Oh I told her to check EVERYTHING on it before signing for it... and I LOVE the 24 hour rule!!! PS Check your texts...
[Reply]
waffle 03:15 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
So the wifey called me and told me this has been delivered... all is well in the glass front world and it doesnt appear to have any nicks/scratches/dings on it. When I get home from Jungle, I'll get some pics of this in my dining room... she told me a nice old man delivered into my hallway and that her and I will position it when I get home... she did say that I misled her as to the size of the humidor... she expected knee high, not taller than her, and I simply laughed and said, welp we can return it but its cheaper to keep it at the return shipping cost :-)!
[Reply]
waffle 07:47 PM 09-09-2010
and here are the pics, although its going to be moved to the other side of the room... Question for chippewa, wheels on or off???

[Reply]
elderboy02 08:06 PM 09-09-2010
Nice! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up