Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cuban Crafters Cutter
TheRuckus13 11:09 PM 09-06-2010
Howdy everyone,

I just recently ordered a Cuban Crafters Euro cutter sort of blind. It's the slim credit card cutter basically, and I'm wondering something before they ship it. I think I made the mistake of assuming that all CC cutters have the nifty piece that stops you from cutting the cigar too far, the hole in it, whatever it's proper term is. Does the Euro have this feature? Also I don't see any reviews for it, anyone ever chop a few cigars with it? :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 11:47 PM 09-06-2010
The piece that stops the cigar from getting cut too far is only found on a "Perfect" or "dummy" cutter.

So, i'm thinking unless it specifically says that, it's just a standard guillotine cutter.
[Reply]
TheRuckus13 11:55 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
The piece that stops the cigar from getting cut too far is only found on a "Perfect" or "dummy" cutter.

So, i'm thinking unless it specifically says that, it's just a standard guillotine cutter.
Ugh, I am in a world of messing up. 20 dollars worth of shipping back and forth on a 15 dollar cutter anyone? My fault for assuming.
[Reply]
Chingas 11:58 PM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by TheRuckus13:
Ugh, I am in a world of messing up. 20 dollars worth of shipping back and forth on a 15 dollar cutter anyone? My fault for assuming.
This hobby you are gonna go thru a lot of cutters! Just keep it, you'll uae it eventually.
[Reply]
TheRuckus13 12:00 AM 09-07-2010
This hobby you are gonna go thru a lot of cutters! Just keep it, you'll uae it eventually.
I wish I could unfortunately I can't afford to. I know the perfect cutters are for me, and I can't afford to buy that on top of this cutter. :-)

I sent a message to Cuban Crafters hoping that they aren't shipping tomorrow due to the time off on holidays, and they see it and give me a call before they ship it.
[Reply]
Chingas 12:06 AM 09-07-2010
I wish I could unfortunately I can't afford to. I know the perfect cutters are for me, and I can't afford to buy that on top of this cutter. :-)

I sent a message to Cuban Crafters hoping that they aren't shipping tomorrow due to the time off on holidays, and they see it and give me a call before they ship it.
Best of luck to you Brother!:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:17 AM 09-07-2010
Not true, one Palio will last a lifetime. That is of course until you decide you want a different finish or one for home and one for car. :-):-)
[Reply]
chenvt 01:30 AM 09-07-2010

At worst case, if you want the "dummy" effect for most cigars, put it on a table, put the cigar's head in it vertically and cut.. if the cutter is too slim, do it twice
[Reply]
Shemp Howard 03:41 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by chenvt:
At worst case, if you want the "dummy" effect for most cigars, put it on a table, put the cigar's head in it vertically and cut.. if the cutter is too slim, do it twice
I used this method as well. Works great and it's hard to screw up. Try it.
[Reply]
dwoodward 05:26 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Not true, one Palio will last a lifetime. That is of course until you decide you want a different finish or one for home and one for car. :-):-)
If the Palio's truly lasted a lifetime, there would be no need for the lifetime warranty... Not hating, just saying...
[Reply]
bigdix 05:41 AM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
If the Palio's truly lasted a lifetime, there would be no need for the lifetime warranty... Not hating, just saying...
I think Bob just meant you'd never have to PAY for another cutter. :-)
[Reply]
TheRuckus13 07:41 AM 09-07-2010
Here's a bit of an update for you folks wondering about Cuban Crafters customer service. I gave them a phone call and informed them of the situation, and they didn't even flinch. I was on the phone for five minutes and my order was changed, and I now have the cutter I want on it's way. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:42 AM 09-07-2010
Here's a bit of an update for you folks wondering about Cuban Crafters customer service. I gave them a phone call and informed them of the situation, and they didn't even flinch. I was on the phone for five minutes and my order was changed, and I now have the cutter I want on it's way. :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:44 AM 09-07-2010
Right on.
[Reply]
bigdix 08:06 AM 09-07-2010
Gotta love great customer service!! :-)
[Reply]
d'am 03:16 PM 09-07-2010
Thanks for the update. It's nice to able to separate the few good vendors from the crowd. Those guys sound alright.
[Reply]
Chingas 06:04 PM 09-07-2010
Just the way it should be! Glad to hear it:-)
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 02:09 PM 09-08-2010
I swear by the Cuban Crafters double blade cutter........best ever so far for me

Bart
[Reply]
jmsremax 02:19 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by Bartolomeo:
I swear by the Cuban Crafters double blade cutter........best ever so far for me

Bart

Until you get a palio :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:20 PM 09-08-2010

Take this with a grain of salt but if you cannot afford to have two cutters, you'll be in for a real shock when you start moving into the high end cigars. And you will eventually move there if you haven't started messing in that area.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up