Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>XIKAR Crossover Flower Jet
Humidor Minister 10:44 AM 10-28-2009
I can see where the flower jet would be a nice feature. A shorter flame when you are facing th foot of your cigar. Intense heat at the center but no flame going around the wrapper and climbing up your cigar. Let us know if it works this way or if I'm full of crap.:-)
[Reply]
smokinghole 09:20 AM 11-13-2009
I have to ask as I'm interested in this lighter and currently have an EX.

Is this "flower jet" like a soft blue flame similar to the AB table lighter that is basically a bunson burner? I wouldn't mind having a second bad ass lighter on hand.

My EX is going on 2.5 years now and it's works like a champ but would like to send it in for cleaning/refinishing. If I send it in I have nothing reliable to use. So I'm eying up this cross over but where I work has the slim lighter/cutter combo and I like them as well.
[Reply]
klipsch 06:34 PM 11-13-2009
The Crossover is nothing like the AB table lighter, which I own as well. As far as the Flower Jet flame is concerned...I was told that the this type of flame produces a wider heat source than a typical single flame torch. I don't the technicalities behind the whole thing, but I love the lighter, and I only need to fill it once a week at the most.
[Reply]
roughrider 08:31 PM 11-13-2009
Beautiful lighter.
[Reply]
stevefrench 10:06 PM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by roughrider:
Beautiful lighter.
:-) I just ordered another lighter I don't need. :-)
[Reply]
smokinghole 09:24 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by klipsch:
The Crossover is nothing like the AB table lighter, which I own as well. As far as the Flower Jet flame is concerned...I was told that the this type of flame produces a wider heat source than a typical single flame torch. I don't the technicalities behind the whole thing, but I love the lighter, and I only need to fill it once a week at the most.
Thanks much for the clarification. Hmm I should nudge the bosses to order some of these before christmas for potential gifting wives. That way I can check them out and buy possibly.
[Reply]
elemental13 01:52 PM 02-11-2010
i have that same design of a lighter i won at a B&M that did a xikar event and it has the hc box peices in the center of it but the flame is like a zippo flame with a butane canister
[Reply]
Titan410 03:03 PM 03-29-2010
How is it holding up? Would you buy it again if you could do it over?
[Reply]
Pat1075 03:10 PM 03-29-2010
Congratulations on the six years! and I am sorry to hear about your aunt. sorry about the delayed congratulations and condolences but I just found this thread.
[Reply]
Pat1075 03:11 PM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by elemental13:
i have that same design of a lighter i won at a B&M that did a xikar event and it has the hc box peices in the center of it but the flame is like a zippo flame with a butane canister
You have the exodus different lighter
[Reply]
Tripp 03:22 PM 03-29-2010

I REALLY want one of these... maybe someday I'll be able to splurge for it.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:26 PM 03-29-2010
Congrats on your 6 years.
Condolences on aunt's passing.
[Reply]
Devanmc 05:29 PM 09-13-2010
just ordered me one of these, should get it late this week. cant wait to get it and replace my vector
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up