Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Traveldor + Water Pillow
dwoodward 08:56 AM 08-30-2010
I was wondering what you all thought about this idea. I am thinking about placing a water pillow in my traveldor semi-permanently. I would replace it every couple months with a new pillow. The pillows are rated to last for 60-90 days in a humidor. I would keep the traveldor closed except for when adding or removing cigars.

What do you think? Do you think a single pillow would be fine?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:58 AM 08-30-2010
Are you storing cigars in the traveldor?

You can recharge the pillows. I have used several of them for almost 3 years.
[Reply]
dwoodward 09:00 AM 08-30-2010
No, I am not storing, just I like to go camping and I have heard that even just 1-2 days outside of a humidor the cigars can start to dry slightly, even inside a traveldor. I want my cigars to be great right out of my traveldor right when I want a smoke.

And no, I wont be spending any extra money by doing so, I have lots of water pillows already lol.
[Reply]
issues 09:00 AM 08-30-2010
I use 2 water pillows in my 30ct travel humidor and they work just fine.

I just recharge them when they start to get a little too thin.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:02 AM 08-30-2010
You don't need any humidification if just for a few days. I have cigar caddy's and I'll keep cigars in there for a month at a time with no humidification and they are always fine. Cigars are tougher than we give them credit for.

But, I see no harm in throwing one in there if you want. They are powerful little things. I use one small pillow for a 77qt cooler.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:09 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
You don't need any humidification if just for a few days. I have cigar caddy's and I'll keep cigars in there for a month at a time with no humidification and they are always fine. Cigars are tougher than we give them credit for.

But, I see no harm in throwing one in there if you want. They are powerful little things. I use one small pillow for a 77qt cooler.
This man is smart...I'd listen. :-)

I travel a lot and never worry about my cigars. I've spent 3 weeks traveling around SE Asia and never worried about the it.

Another tip would be to place the cigars in single finger bags. That way you don't have to worry about exposing all the cigars every time you open the traveldor.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:09 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:

You are a wise man, Chutney.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:13 AM 08-30-2010
I had my big traveldor with me at the Shack. I tossed one of the real small boveda packs in there just for the hell of it. I had a bunch of smokes in single and 5 finger bags and three boxes. My smokes were in there for a week or two.

I just recharge the packs by putting some distilled water on a paper towel and wrapping the pack in it and tossing it in a zip lock bag. The next day it's ready for use.
[Reply]
Up