Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Coolidor setup
itzfrank 10:23 PM 08-29-2010
Any problems caused by not getting rid of the cooler smell before using it for a humidor?
[Reply]
bobarian 10:30 PM 08-29-2010
Your cigars can acquire the same odor. It only takes one day or less to scrub out the inside with baking soda until yhe smell is gone.
[Reply]
itzfrank 10:57 PM 08-29-2010
that's what i figured.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:34 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Your cigars can acquire the same odor. It only takes one day or less to scrub out the inside with baking soda until yhe smell is gone.
:-)

Still warm and sunny enough. Wash it out with baking soda, let it dry in sunlight for a day. Smell will go away quickly, especially with sunlight!
[Reply]
Chingas 04:08 AM 08-30-2010
All my coolers have been good the next day.

I wash with baking soda and water. Then crinckle newspaper up an let them sit overnite. By the next day I'm ready to fill.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:37 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
:-)

Still warm and sunny enough. Wash it out with baking soda, let it dry in sunlight for a day. Smell will go away quickly, especially with sunlight!
This is great advice and works well!
[Reply]
itzfrank 08:01 AM 08-30-2010
Ok. Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to take care of it tonight. As it is, I'm using ziplocks with my Shilala beads. Works well but it makes me feel homeless haha.
[Reply]
Up