Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Ronson Jetlite
PCR 08:45 PM 09-02-2010
Just received four from an e-Bay purchase (none available locally :-))
Nice lighters for the price. :-)
[Reply]
Silound 09:04 PM 09-02-2010
While I love my Ronson, allow me to toss in a tidbit after the many lighters I've had.

You get what you pay for. The Ronson will last for a while, then one of the many problems that plague them (hinge wears out, clicker dies, valve doesn't control fuel flow anymore, or they get too gummed up) will rear it's ugly head. Most of my JetLites lasted about 6 months, at which point they started to fail. Granted, I used them daily (so often I had to fill them at least once a day, sometimes more).

In the end, my original PB-207 and my XiKar Element are the only two torch lighters I have owned and used for more than two years. I've got a vector nearing that, but the Blazer still holds a permanent place in my heart.

You get what you pay for.
[Reply]
PCR 09:50 PM 09-02-2010
While I love my Ronson, allow me to toss in a tidbit after the many lighters I've had.
You get what you pay for. The Ronson will last for a while, then one of the many problems that plague them (hinge wears out, clicker dies, valve doesn't control fuel flow anymore, or they get too gummed up) will rear it's ugly head. Most of my JetLites lasted about 6 months, at which point they started to fail. Granted, I used them daily (so often I had to fill them at least once a day, sometimes more).
In the end, my original PB-207 and my XiKar Element are the only two torch lighters I have owned and used for more than two years. I've got a vector nearing that, but the Blazer still holds a permanent place in my heart.

You get what you pay for.

I agree 100% and I think the Blazer is a really well made lighter. I use tools everyday in my line of work, never do I buy cheap tools... they wear out, don't do as expected, dangerous etc. The Ronson for me is a stop-gap, extra lighter which @ $4 was hard to pass by.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:05 PM 09-02-2010
I have 3 Jet Lites that I've had for over a year and a half. I carry one, have a spare in the golf bag, and one at home. When one runs dry, I refill and rotate them.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:17 PM 09-02-2010
I don't see the problem with a cheap lighter wearing out in 6 months... It barely cost you anything. Just get another one and keep on going. I guarantee that your 40 dollar lighter would wear out long before you went thru 40 dollars of Ronson Jetlites.
[Reply]
PCR 11:19 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I don't see the problem with a cheap lighter wearing out in 6 months... It barely cost you anything. Just get another one and keep on going. I guarantee that your 40 dollar lighter would wear out long before you went thru 40 dollars of Ronson Jetlites.
Bingo! That's why I bought four. :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:28 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by PCR:
Bingo! That's why I bought four. :-)
That's why I bought 12! :-)
[Reply]
PCR 11:32 PM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
That's why I bought 12! :-)
I've been qubed! :-)
[Reply]