Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 86 of 96
« First < 3676848586 8788 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
Apoco 08:01 PM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Yeah I finished it, did NOT like where the story went. You'll have to let me know what you think.
There have been some painful sections. I really can't remember the last time an entire game kept me in this state the WHOLE TIME.

There was a section of the last Medal of Honor game that I've awoken from nightmares about. This could very well give me daymares...

I'm on the last chapter (I believe). I'll finish it up tomorrow. Gonna let my eyes rest for the rest of tonight.
[Reply]
Apoco 07:34 AM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
There have been some painful sections. I really can't remember the last time an entire game kept me in this state the WHOLE TIME.

There was a section of the last Medal of Honor game that I've awoken from nightmares about. This could very well give me daymares...

I'm on the last chapter (I believe). I'll finish it up tomorrow. Gonna let my eyes rest for the rest of tonight.
Finished it up this morning. A truly heartbreaking game.

The story line is EXTREMELY far from happy, but the story line is so strong and well told that I kept playing anyway. Can't say it is a game that I would recommend to most, though...
[Reply]
Bill86 05:27 PM 07-15-2012
Yeah, the story was rough. I liked the game play but really wish it didn't go in that direction.

I think out of boredom I'm going to have to make a second attempt at finishing AC-Revelations before AC3 comes out later this year.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:22 AM 07-16-2012
On to happier games!

Got a chance to rekindle my love for Half-Life Deathmatch 2 last night. Killing one of your friends with a beach ball while screaming at them on Skype is way too fun. It is SO fast paced - I had almost forgotten how fast. I really hit my stride when I picked up a CRT monitor to throw at people - got 8 in a row before they finally took me down :-)

Payday: The Heist is hard. I've been playing it with my friend who is pretty good at FPS games and we're really struggling (in a good way). It is far more challenging than I thought it was going to be...but we're loving it right now.

The Binding of Isaac is a dark game but with some comedy thrown in. Really simple & easy to pick up. Plus - it was only like $1.50 on the steam sale!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 11:19 AM 07-16-2012
Damn you steam!

I've been oddly haunted over the last few days by the Steam summer sale, as there was NOTHING I wanted.

...that I hadn't already bought.

But today I finally cracked the seal and picke up Fable 3 and RAGE. We'll see.
[Reply]
Ender 05:55 PM 07-16-2012
Anyone looking forward to the new Halo?
[Reply]
Bill86 06:51 PM 07-16-2012
I agree about Payday being HARD. In fact I think I only successfully completed two heists...the first one about 30 times though.

RAGE was okay.....I expected more. Great graphics though and fun game play.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:12 AM 07-17-2012
...RAGE was okay.....I expected more. Great graphics though and fun game play.
Yeah, everything I'd heard said the same thing. The discount (66% or something) brought it into acceptable range.
[Reply]
Apoco 01:46 PM 07-17-2012
I agree about Payday being HARD. In fact I think I only successfully completed two heists...the first one about 30 times though.

RAGE was okay.....I expected more. Great graphics though and fun game play.
We've successfully completed the first two heists. We have gotten to 91% in the third heist...the problem that we have run into is that this police department has 600 swat team members who are also olympic hurdlers and can leap 15 foot gaps in a single bound :-)

I'm in the same boat as both of you in regards to RAGE. I figure it will be worth the small amount I paid for it.

Did anyone pick up Dear Esther yesterday? I played through it last night and was riveted by the story telling in it. It isn't erally a game so much as a story that you have pretty graphics to go along with :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:19 AM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
I'm in the same boat as both of you in regards to RAGE. I figure it will be worth the small amount I paid for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Put about 45 minutes in last night on RAGE. I'm pretty happy with it. It's hard not to make a Borderlands comparison as far as the setting goes. In fact, even not having played Borderlands in more than 6 months I found myself trying to release Bloodwing about half a dozen times.

BUT I have to say, the fact that the basic bad guys can take two headshots from a pistol at about 5 feet range is a little disconcerting. FPS games have to respect the headshot rule.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 05:43 AM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by Ender:
Anyone looking forward to the new Halo?
I am. Ill be pre ordering the limited edition. nice to be playing as John-117 again. I hope they bring back the gravity hammer (for grifball)
[Reply]
Ender 07:47 AM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by kingcobradude:
I am. Ill be pre ordering the limited edition. nice to be playing as John-117 again. I hope they bring back the gravity hammer (for grifball)
Since this is a sequel, there probably won't be much of an appearance from the Brutes which makes me think their weapons will be irrelevant to the story/involvement. The trailer looked pretty cool. The gun that assembles in mid air looked crazy cool. I've already spent my money on the DOA collectors edition, but I'll probably pre-order Halo soon.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:13 PM 07-21-2012
Logged a couple hours on RAGE. I REALLY like it.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 02:09 AM 07-22-2012
Since this is a sequel, there probably won't be much of an appearance from the Brutes which makes me think their weapons will be irrelevant to the story/involvement. The trailer looked pretty cool. The gun that assembles in mid air looked crazy cool. I've already spent my money on the DOA collectors edition, but I'll probably pre-order Halo soon.
the covenant do appear to be remnants of the empire, so brutes could make an appearance. and if nothing else just hav the hammer in multiplayer for grifball and custom games
[Reply]
Ender 01:42 PM 07-22-2012
Yeah, perhaps.
[Reply]
oooo35980 04:21 PM 07-22-2012
I like RAGE, IF I'd never played Borderlands I would like it more. They seem so similar in style to me that RAGE can't keep my interest past a couple hours.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 04:36 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
I like RAGE, IF I'd never played Borderlands I would like it more. They seem so similar in style to me that RAGE can't keep my interest past a couple hours.
Yeah I've got 6 hours in now. It's an easy game to walk away from for a while. Borderlands is far far better and it's perfectly clear RAGE is "the most sincere form of flattery" Id could come up with.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 11:16 PM 07-22-2012
The gun that assembles in mid air looked crazy cool.
which one andrew? there are 2 that do that. theres the light rifle and the scattershot.
[Reply]
Ender 05:31 AM 07-23-2012
I only remember the first one he picks up in the trailer. I'm guessing it was the light rifle. I can't wait to see the other weapons.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 08:50 AM 07-23-2012
thats the light rifle. the scattersot is cool too. its a shotgun type gun that can ricochet
[Reply]
Page 86 of 96
« First < 3676848586 8788 > Last »
Up