Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Looking for Memory Foam Mattress Info
ahc4353 10:32 AM 08-03-2009
Would like to hear about the GOOD, BAD and the UGLY!

Both toppers and mattress's can be discussed.

Begin! :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:01 AM 08-03-2009
toppers..you'll never want to get outta bed...and sometimes it is a PITA...you'll need like 2-3 sheets over it otherwise in the summer you'll find that you end up sweatin a bit more while sleeping on them.
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:09 AM 08-03-2009
Names of the good, bad and the ugly would be a great help.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:14 AM 08-03-2009
sorry Al...I got mine at overstock.com..I don't recall the brand..
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:16 AM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
sorry Al...I got mine at overstock.com..I don't recall the brand..
Thanks Bao, it's just so confusing! Hoping to get some feedback from trusted members such as yourself. :-)
[Reply]
md4958 11:17 AM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Thanks Bao, it's just so confusing! Hoping to get some feedback from trusted members such as yourself. :-)
you trust Bao??? :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:35 AM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Originally Posted by md4958:
you trust Bao??? :-)
yeah what?!?!?!? :-)

Honestly Al....I found a deal for them and bought one..it felt great..never wanted to get outta bed..but after a while I just didn't need it..
[Reply]
spooble 11:47 AM 08-03-2009
I built a King size bed about 3 years ago and ended up going with latex instead of memory foam. I bought a cheap regular mattress to use as the base layer, and added a 4" layer of latex to the top (medium density for the wife, and low density for my side). I love it! I don't think I'll ever sleep on a "regular" mattress again.

A couple of points:

- Memory foam is known for being hot in the summer, and I can't stand to be hot when I sleep, so I opted for the latex.

- Latex stinks when it's new. Ours took a couple weeks to finally stop off-gassing.

- My King size 4" topper (which actually comes in 2 XL-twin "halves") cost about $500 shipped from Memoryfoam.com.

- Memoryfoam.com doesn't appear to be the same company it was 3 years ago when I ordered. They don't offer any 4" latex toppers now.
[Reply]
massphatness 12:24 PM 08-03-2009
You realize memory foam is for mattresses and will not help you remember things in your advancing age ... right?

:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:27 PM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
You realize memory foam is for mattresses and will not help you remember things in your advancing age ... right?

Stop stalking me dude it's getting scary.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:27 PM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:

You beat me to it! :-):-) about this being about memory foam & Bao can't REMEMBER!
[Reply]
rrplasencia 12:30 PM 08-03-2009
i have a tempurpedic, luv it, it's hard to flip solo especially as you get older, it does get a little hot at times bu i rarely use sheets or clothing :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 12:38 PM 08-03-2009
I've got one I bought off E-baaa about a year and a half ago.

Pro:

No trips to the chiropractor since. It was usually a couple times a year with the old mattress.

Didn't really notice the hot in summer thing, but then again we use the air conditioning once it reaches 78 or so.

Cons:

Big. 18 inches thick, sheets are more difficult to find to fit.

Heavy. Probably goes about 150 pounds for a king-size.

Expensive (but cheaper than name brands. I think it cost me $1500 with shipping.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:40 PM 08-03-2009
Al, at your age, a foam mattress won't restore your memory anymore :-)

Crap, Vin beat me to it
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:46 PM 08-03-2009
My wife is a physical therapist and swears by the Temperpedic. I absolutely love sleeping on it. Now when we go to a hotel I really notice the difference. One strange thing is you never feel the person next to you move on the Temperpedic.

My parents bought the adjustable twins and love them as well.
[Reply]
AD720 02:22 PM 08-03-2009
I love my knock-off temperpidic. I'm always hot and this mattress doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would or heard it would. I can't imagine how much better the real deal is because my $700 knock off is excellent.

On the negative side it is already wearing out after only 5 years but it has been moved 4 times. And since we are talking about it moving it is a pain. Like moving a 100 pound pancake.
[Reply]
Scottw 03:09 PM 08-03-2009
Al, one of my best childhood buddies is in the mattress biz in NJ. He got me a Sterns and Foster California King bed for my brother for $800 delivered. Tell me what you've looked at so far and I can call him for info and pricing. He's been at it for years and had taken care of a lit of my buddies and I. I'll call you later, I think I still have your number.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:25 PM 08-03-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Al, one of my best childhood buddies is in the mattress biz in NJ.
Hey, his name wouldn't be Bob, would it? :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 03:27 PM 08-03-2009
Thanks Scott. Right now I'm just in the info gathering stage. Not in a position to buy tomorrow. Looking for the best bang for the buck in a queen size that will hold up over time to my 235 pounds. :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 03:37 PM 08-03-2009
Understood, I figured he would have more exposure to the different types out there. I wasn't thrilled with the foams that we tried but I have no clue which ones they were. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up