A lot of Hype and B.S 15 16.13%
"to each their own" 50 53.76%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>The mystique behind Davidoff cigars
Whipper Snapper 01:38 PM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
You guys are killing me....may about be time to pull out one of the Davidoff 100th Anni Diademas Finas. This thread continues to make my mouth :-).
Now you're talking. In my opinion these are one of the best NC smokes period.
Smoke what ya like! I sure like these...
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:29 PM 03-04-2009
I have had a few Davidoffs. I must say, in regard to quality tobaccos and construction, these are definitely top shelf. Are they hype? That depends on your tastes.

I like them, but I like a lot of others just as much. Will I purchase them? I don't think I'd go out and buy a box. I'd gladly accept one given to me. But I like to get a few more sticks for my $$ than I can buying Davidoffs.
[Reply]
BillyCigars 02:31 PM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Herfed tonight with the PNW Mossbacks and watched a fellow BOTL revel in orgasmic delight as he smoked a Davidoff Puro Perfecto that I had given him.
That would be me :-):-) But I'm a Davi whore to begin with. :-)

For me, Davidoffs are a thing of beauty. It's all about subtlety with these cigars. Even though I agree that Davidoffs are pricey, for me, it's more than worth it. For the experience it provides me, there is no other cigar that comes close.

If you're looking to get kicked in the nuts by a cigar's strength, move past the Davidoffs. They're exceptionally complex, filled with subtlety and nuance, and a cigar that is best enjoyed when you have quality time to dedicate to it.

I've NEVER been dissapointed by a single Davidoff. Ever. But I've been dissapointed by every other cigar at one time or another. At the risk of sounding too cerebral, I literally find myself having a real experience everytime I light one up. Just like really good cooking, you can taste the love that was put into these cigars. Its all in the construction, aroma, taste, burn qualities, strength, and overall character.

My tastes are wide-ranging. From Macanudo Gold Labels to Illusione Holy Lances. But if I fire up a Davidoff, it's because I have time to really sit down and spend some quiet time, contemplate the days events, and enjoy one. And in the end, it's all about the experience and enjoyment a cigar provides you.

Honestly though, I can see how smoking one knowing how much you paid for it, could actually distract from the enjoyment of it.
[Reply]
MithShrike 02:33 PM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Never smoked one and honestly never had the urge to buy any which is odd now that I think about it. Guess they just never seemed all that fascinating to me.
:-)
[Reply]
stearns 02:44 PM 03-04-2009
Originally Posted by BillyCigars:
Honestly though, I can see how smoking one knowing how much you paid for it, could actually distract from the enjoyment of it.
amen. i have a short list of davis i've tried, all of which have been amazing, but i try my best to keep price and smoking experience separate. i had a special r on my birthday sitting at a cigar bar with my best friend and it was the best compliment to the situation. does that mean any cigar would have tasted great then? probably. but this was so delicious im glad i picked it out. every davi i've smoked has been around friends on special occasions, could be why i think of them so fondly

my two cents

stearns
[Reply]
jaycarla 08:46 PM 03-04-2009
I have only had a few, they were all great smokes.

I doubt I would ever buy a box just because of the price, but I would love having a little stash of the different series they have.

There are MANY smokes that you can spend $15+ on. While 98% of what I smoke is not in the $15+ range, the times I do and the cigars I have smoked in that price range, Davidoff is right there at the top.

Now I would always take a Padron 26/64 over any Davidoff that I have had, but that is just me.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up