Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Kiki Brown Label Toro...
shemp 10:40 AM 11-07-2008
SO , after my dissapointment with the Arganese figurado, i needed some comfort. I picked up my long time lover...Don Kiki Brown label toro...Even at my local B&M this stick can be had for $3.99..."all Cheap Bastages Rejoice at this point"...online they can be had for $1.50 per stick in this vitola. I also enjoyed a Stone IPA with this brown beauty.

The stick is a heavy feeling toro at 6 x 52. it is all Habano sungrown longfiller that is aged 3 years before rolling, and then another 3 years of aging post rolling.

I pick up my little love, and take the familiar whiff...i smell the wrapper and the foot. I smell floral chocolate, no lie. i keep just smelling it for about 10 minutes and am consistantly rewarded with this lovely bouquet...

i don't snip the end yet but just roll it in my mouth tasting the wrapper...it is chocolatey and licorce like...yummy.

i snip the end and the draw is easy, not loose, just easy.

First third- from the start this medium to full stick gives me pure estelli magic. Spice and sweet and yes some cocoa, i love the tobacco from estelli, the burn is great and aroma the wife comments on saying, "wow that one really smells great".

Second third- floral kicks in with the sweet and spice always in the background, giving this layered flavor that i cannot get enough of.

final third-burn still great, starting to get more cocoa and licorice and still some spice, yummy.

rated this smoke an 8.75/10 i don't give it a 9 because i'm sure that i'm biased don't want to overly rate something. GREAT SMOKE!!!!
[Reply]
TXRebel 10:51 AM 11-07-2008
Thanks for the review.
I"ve been wanting to try the Don Kiki line.
[Reply]
Langod 01:28 PM 11-07-2008
Excellent to hear. I got a green label in a PIF, but had never heard of the brand.
I'm guessing based on the descriptions I've found that the Green is milder than the Brown.
[Reply]
bobarian 02:45 PM 11-07-2008
The DK red, white and green are below average smokes. Smoke them if you dare. But the Brown is a totally different story. Nice flavors, well balanced with some age. A great value smoke. :-)
[Reply]
scoot 02:55 PM 11-07-2008
I agree, these are good. The little Brown Label Botellas are my favorite. A great little smoke
[Reply]
dccraft 06:05 PM 11-07-2008
I had read that the Brown was supposed to be a very nice smoke. I had a perferido last week and didn't like it all. I don't know if it was too fresh or just didn't work for me.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 06:27 PM 11-07-2008
Nice review Shemp!
[Reply]
BagfullofPings 07:38 AM 11-08-2008
Nice review.

The Don Kiki Brown is a GREAT cigar, and you can buy a box under $50.
[Reply]
shemp 08:16 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by Langod:
Excellent to hear. I got a green label in a PIF, but had never heard of the brand.
I'm guessing based on the descriptions I've found that the Green is milder than the Brown.
yes the green is there mild line, the red is medium, and brown is their full. the green is yummy in the morning with a cup o joe.
[Reply]
shemp 08:19 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by dccraft:
I had read that the Brown was supposed to be a very nice smoke. I had a perferido last week and didn't like it all. I don't know if it was too fresh or just didn't work for me.
i have the little preferido's as well sometimes they can be harsh, stick with the toro...haven't been dissapointed yet.
[Reply]
shemp 08:41 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by BagfullofPings:
Nice review.

The Don Kiki Brown is a GREAT cigar, and you can buy a box under $50.
if you join the Cuban Crafters cigar club, you can get the box of 25 for........$39.00:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:05 AM 11-08-2008
this is interesting, I will put those cigars on my "to try" list.
[Reply]
nozero 08:08 PM 12-22-2008
I picked up a box of these from HabanosyHermanos.com based on your review and the price. I'm just finishing my first. Your review is right on!

Thanks!
:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 08:38 PM 12-22-2008
I keep hearing so many good things about this cigar - Don Kiki Brown Label Toro, that I'd really like to try a few, however, even as reasonable as they are, I'd hate to buy a box and then find they are not for me. Is anyone out there willing to send me a few (2 to 4 sticks), in trade for an equal number of Excalibur 1066 Dark Knights No. 1 (Robusto)?

Please PM if interested.
[Reply]
shemp 01:34 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
I keep hearing so many good things about this cigar - Don Kiki Brown Label Toro, that I'd really like to try a few, however, even as reasonable as they are, I'd hate to buy a box and then find they are not for me. Is anyone out there willing to send me a few (2 to 4 sticks), in trade for an equal number of Excalibur 1066 Dark Knights No. 1 (Robusto)?

Please PM if interested.
they sell a sampler at

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/255

you get one of each size, 4 total.

try that if you don't want to get stuck with something you might not like
[Reply]
BlackIrish 02:37 PM 01-19-2009
Thanks for the review, Shemp. Wondered about these, and interested to see that some respected BOTLs give it their stamp of approval.
[Reply]
G G 02:58 PM 01-19-2009
Kinda been wondering about these as well, thanks for the review.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 03:01 PM 01-19-2009
<----------Big Fan of the Botellas
[Reply]
lenguamor 02:07 PM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
<----------Big Fan of the Botellas
Ditto. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:09 PM 01-27-2009
I just had a Botella. What an awesome smoke!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up