Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Perdomo lot 23 maduro
Don Fernando 09:32 AM 04-05-2009
This 5 x 50 cigar is made from tobacco grown on a small tobacco field in Nicaragua with a broadleaf maduro wrapper. The wrapper is a bit rough on the edges with some veins, but that just makes the cigar manly. The minute I remove the cellophane I could smell the barnyard aroma, which means the aroma is quite strong. The construction feels good, I couldn’t detect any weak spots. The band is nice, modest, stylish but unfortunately also quite large and glued together too good, which annoys me as with big bands like these, you have to remove them at a certain moment and with good glue that can be a problem. Oliva has big bands too, but their bands are easily removed so it’s no big deal, but on this Perdomo it’s different. The predraw is just fine.

When I light the cigar with my Ronson jetflame I could taste a full flavored coffee and after half an inch, the coffee gets a mild chocolate aftertaste and about half an inch later, the chocolate becomes the main flavor with a mild creamy texture. There isn’t a lot of change in flavors, but I don’t care because I like what I taste.

Halfway the cigar becomes a bit peppery and the pepper grows a bit in strength with the chocolate on the background. This flavor is consistent almost till the end. The final few puffs are nutty and then I have to dump the nub in the ashtray.

The draw on this cigar is fine and the burn is even better. I had minor burn issues in the beginning, with some crooked burning but it corrected itself and was razor sharp from that moment. The ash is light colored and a bit frayed on the top, but it didn’t turn into a Don King haircut, as I expected it to be after a few puffs. The amount of smoke is fine but the texture is kind of thin and the color has a light blue glow to it. I would call this a full flavored cigar, but I am not sure if this is a medium or full bodied cigar. I mean, while I was smoking it, it felt like a medium bodied cigar, but I think it’s a mean old sniper because I could clearly notice an overdose on Vitamin N when I stood up.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, you can find these for $3 a stick and that makes it a very affordable cigar.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 09:42 AM 04-05-2009
wonderful, had the Regular Toro, really gotta get some of the maduros
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:45 AM 04-05-2009
I like these cigars a lot:-) Thanks for the review and pics
[Reply]
dentonparrots 10:06 AM 04-05-2009
Nice review.
[Reply]
G G 10:17 AM 04-05-2009
Thanks for the review Ferdie. I have had a couple of these and enjoyed them myself.:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:20 AM 04-05-2009
Nice review.....and definately a great "value"......
[Reply]
Waynegro1 11:07 AM 04-05-2009
Great review and photos. These are a regular in my rotation. I have a humi designated for them alone and for the price it's hard to find a better inexpensive smoke.

Great job as usual! :-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 11:50 AM 04-05-2009
Your reviews are top notch!:-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 12:03 PM 04-05-2009
It's interesting how different flavors can be for different sizes. I didn't have any coffee in the toro: http://cigarobsession.com/2009/03/23...o-lot-23-toro/
[Reply]
Starchild 01:36 PM 04-05-2009
I have been wanting to try this cigar for a while, and I finally had on not too long ago. I loved it, but it also knocked me on my can. Definitely a full stomach smoke for me :-)

Thanks for the review
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 01:42 PM 04-05-2009
I have maybe 5 from a ten pack I bought about a year ago. I think I might need to fire one up.. Nice review.:-)
[Reply]
AllOGistics 03:08 PM 04-05-2009
Good review! Thanks Ferdinand.
[Reply]
Up