Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Reserva Miraflor robusto
Don Fernando 07:16 AM 03-29-2009
This 5 x 50 Nicaraguan puro has a nice dark wrapper and feels good constructed, no soft spots noticeable. The aroma of this cigar reminds me of a barnyard and hay.

I can taste coffee with pepper and just a hint of cacao. The pepper is a bit sticky on the palate. Along the way, the pepper and cacao fade away while the coffee stays and some earthy tones appear. At the end, chocolate accompanies the coffee flavor

This cigar gives me lots of smoke, unfortunately the draw is too easy. The burn is good and the ash is white.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I liked it

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Appearance: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 8 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 07:31 AM 03-29-2009
Thanks for the review, seems like a lot of good reviews on these
[Reply]
TripleF 07:33 AM 03-29-2009
Man, Ferdy, you're revuewing all of my closet favorites!!!

:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 05:17 PM 04-07-2009
Just smoked one of these today and I'd say your review pretty much mirrored my experience. The one difference would be the pre-light aroma. Where you smelled a barnyard and hay, my first thought was that I was standing next to a saddled horse. It didn't smell bad, it just reminded me of standing next to a horse. Then again maybe that was close to barnyard and hay.

Seriously, it was a good cigar for sitting in the backyard and reading a good book. The burn was fairly even, the ash was a nice light gray/white and it held straight for almost half the smoke.
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:19 PM 04-07-2009
Nice review Ferdinand! This is a darn good cigar.
[Reply]
dentonparrots 06:00 PM 04-07-2009
They seem to be getting overall damn good reviews, I'm still waiting to try them but looking forward to the moment even more after the review. Thanks Ferdinand :-)
[Reply]
G G 01:48 PM 04-08-2009
Nice review Ferdinand.
[Reply]
Up