Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Picture posting & Imgur
RevSmoke 03:18 PM 11-29-2023
OK, I was going over to Imgur to grab a picture, but it was first of all way to large. When I tried to open it to edit it, I got a checkerboard screen and the rotating circle of death - for about 2 minutes.

Now my computer is fairly new and my internet is fast, so I am not sure what the issue is. Seems to me that Imgur has just gotten tedious if you do not pay to use it.

Is there another way to post pictures? Or, a different site to use?

Thanks for the help.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
markem 05:08 PM 11-29-2023
Hi Todd,

What I do, for photos I intend to post, is this. When you are getting ready to upload, use the "auto resize" dropdown set to "message boards".

I've also been told that when you get the URL to post, you can add "l" to the base URL to get a specific size that will be just larger than "message board".
[Reply]
Weelok 06:18 PM 11-29-2023
I use https://postimages.org/

Not many problems over the years. Been a good replacement for photobucket.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:00 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by markem:
Hi Todd,

What I do, for photos I intend to post, is this. When you are getting ready to upload, use the "auto resize" dropdown set to "message boards".

I've also been told that when you get the URL to post, you can add "l" to the base URL to get a specific size that will be just larger than "message board".
I use my phone or iPad to upload to Imgur, which doesn’t give me the auto resize option (or I’m just missing it). But the trick of adding an “l” (lowercase L) to the URL works. Just add if before the period before jpg. You can use “s” or “m” for other sizes too.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:15 AM 11-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I use my phone or iPad to upload to Imgur, which doesn’t give me the auto resize option (or I’m just missing it). But the trick of adding an “l” (lowercase L) to the URL works. Just add if before the period before jpg. You can use “s” or “m” for other sizes too.
That worked!

So very cool!

Thanks for the multitude of suggestions. I have not tried to put pictures up on Imgur, but will try that suggestion the next time too. AND, I will not put them up there from my phone!

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:41 AM 11-30-2023
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
That worked!

So very cool!

Thanks for the multitude of suggestions. I have not tried to put pictures up on Imgur, but will try that suggestion the next time too. AND, I will not put them up there from my phone!

Glad it worked for you. Short of going to the site on my computer, I can’t figure out how to get the autoresize to work when uploading. So this is a nice alternative.
[Reply]
Up