Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Caldwell Long Live The King - The Heater
bruceolee 09:46 AM 03-16-2022
http://caldwellcigars.com/caldwell-collection

So, I got this cigar after watching cigars daily's podcast with Robert Caldwell. I don't know much about caldwell cigars other than it claims to use rare and aged tobaccos in just about everything they use. I'm not sure i believe all the hype but i've only smoked 2 caldwell cigars and i want to expand my horizons into this brand and see what else they offer. Robert Caldwell is also an entertaining guys. So, without further ado let's start the review!

Wrapper: Milk chocolate wrapper with some veins, butter smooth, and a pigtail cap. The humidimeter read 68%

Pre-light/Draw: Pre-light aroma has mild tobacco and vanilla. Draw is perfect with just enough resistance

finish is smooth, creamy and mild, chocolate, cinnamon, earthiness vanilla, cedar, a little mustiness, hay, some spice, sweet tobacco, white pepper,

Finish is still smooth and mild, earthiness, ,Mild white pepper, cedar, cinnamon, baking spices, vanilla, mustiness, nuttiness, hay, some spice,

very creamy , long finish., earthiness, pepper, spice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, toastiness, floral, nuttiness, cedar, mustiness,

Ash/Burn: Ash held tightly for the most part and was white, Burn was fairly even as well

Final Thoughts: So, i find Robert Caldwell entertaining and pretty much a straight shooter and I'm going to give it to you straight here. This was a pretty good cigar. It didn't blow my mind but with its aged tobaccos i found the flavors to be fairly smooth and mild. The spice and pepper really counter-balanced everything and i would say go and buy a 5 pack of these they're that good. I wouldn't go as far as buy a box just yet but i want to try more first. Well, I hope you enjoyed my review today and have a blessed day! God bless you all!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:38 AM 03-16-2022
Not sure about that size, but truly enjoy the Manzanita (a petite corona) of that line.

Thanks for the review.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 12:40 PM 03-16-2022
Good review. I quite enjoy these.
[Reply]
longknocker 01:30 PM 03-16-2022
I've Tried Many Of His Cigars. Long Live The King Is The Best! Great Review!:-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 02:12 PM 03-16-2022
If my ulcer closes after getting through these antibiotics i'm planning on a VERY special review to celebrate. So, keep those prayers coming! God bless you all!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:32 AM 03-17-2022
I've probably smoked at least 30-40 of these in the last few years. For a while, they were perhaps my favorite NC cigar. But the last two orders from CigarBid have been tougher draws, tougher to keep lit. I will probably give these a go again in the next few months, but if the quality is still suffering, I may be done.

Appreciate the review, Jason, and prayers for your health.
[Reply]
Up