Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Careful with those cigars...
nozero 04:48 PM 04-30-2009
I dropped a punch Gran Puro on the patio once, durn thing nearly exploded. Since then, all my other drops have survived with minor injuries.
[Reply]
BMTA 05:05 PM 04-30-2009
Try sampling to many cocktails and smoking the wrong end. Much worse!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:40 PM 04-30-2009
One time I was wasted while a friend was driving home from the bar. I decided it was a great idea to light up a El Rico. Well on top of dropping the smoke a bunch of times, burning holes into my buddies carpet and the seat. I puked everywhere as soon as I got home. The nicotene just did a number on me!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:07 PM 04-30-2009
I dropped a Nub into my dog's water dish once.
[Reply]
Cigary 06:20 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by GhostRyder:
I hate moments like that... I dropped one in the toilet once. It was only a Padron X000 but still, I was heartbroken.

...the relight was a *****. :-)
Reminds me of a post I made some time back but bears another repeat:

Last time I dropped a cigar was about 3 years ago and I have not dropped one since. Here's the story. I am in my local B&M where I was a member for about 4 years in Framingham, Ma. A few of us are in our leather chairs and sofas watching the game and after having our lunch of pizza, chinese food, yes we always had our food brought in, I drank enough to have to excuse myself to the bathroom. I had been smoking a nice Opus X at the time and was into this cigar only about 1/3 and excused myself to go do Gods work. I'm in there doing his work with the cigar in my left hand and breathing a nice sigh of relief looking upward and I suddenly realize that something is amiss. I feel and hear this hissing sound like you hear when something is being extinguished and I got that really really sick feeling and look down and notice that my cigar is not leaning outside of the line of fire but rather in direct line of a full bladder attack. My mind goes into overdrive thinking that I can save this marvelous cigar when in fact my heart knew there is no such animal. Making things worse was the production I put on when I tell everyone in the room what my smoke of the day was going to be. I thought I'd be able to sneak back into the lounge without anyone noticing that my beloved cigar was in essence, pissed off literally, and here I am sans cigar. The questions came fast and furious from the lounge, "hey, where is that great Opus cigar of yours, did you drop it in the can?" I wish,,,,after more and more grilling from the members I finally had to tell them. I swear you could hear the laughter from downtown Boston and from then on I am ALWAYS aware of where my cigar is at any time. I'm thinking I learned a very valuable and expensive lesson.
[Reply]
random0813 06:39 PM 04-30-2009
by the second or third scotch I am usually dropping my cigars on the deck more than I am holding them! luckily I installed padding for just such occasions and have not had a fatality...WHEW! (okay, the last part was a lie, but as I read this I am now pricing out gym mats online to prevent the death of any innocent sticks due to my drunken negligence.)
[Reply]
AD720 06:47 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by random0813:
by the second or third scotch I am usually dropping my cigars on the deck more than I am holding them! luckily I installed padding for just such occasions and have not had a fatality...WHEW! (okay, the last part was a lie, but as I read this I am now pricing out gym mats online to prevent the death of any innocent sticks due to my drunken negligence.)
Jim we seriously need to hang out. :-)
[Reply]
random0813 07:01 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Jim we seriously need to hang out. :-)
Agreed! hopefully one of the upcoming philly herfs will work for me.
[Reply]
groogs 07:02 PM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:

I think this thread is about accidents.:-):-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:08 PM 04-30-2009
Dang dude. Sorry to hear that. I've dropped cigars before and have damaged the wrappers, but have never broke one in half. :-)
[Reply]
skullnrose 08:38 PM 04-30-2009
I learned the hard way how to cut a Cigar while driving ,For whatever reason I decided to do it out the window not only did I drop the smoke but cutter too! This was years ago was an xilar cutter that I never liked anyway and a CAO gold.Happened on the GSP doing atleast 55 there was no going back for it.
[Reply]
GhostRyder 05:48 AM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Reminds me of a post I made some time back but bears another repeat:

Last time I dropped a cigar was about 3 years ago and I have not dropped one since. Here's the story. I am in my local B&M where I was a member for about 4 years in Framingham, Ma. A few of us are in our leather chairs and sofas watching the game and after having our lunch of pizza, chinese food, yes we always had our food brought in, I drank enough to have to excuse myself to the bathroom. I had been smoking a nice Opus X at the time and was into this cigar only about 1/3 and excused myself to go do Gods work. I'm in there doing his work with the cigar in my left hand and breathing a nice sigh of relief looking upward and I suddenly realize that something is amiss. I feel and hear this hissing sound like you hear when something is being extinguished and I got that really really sick feeling and look down and notice that my cigar is not leaning outside of the line of fire but rather in direct line of a full bladder attack. My mind goes into overdrive thinking that I can save this marvelous cigar when in fact my heart knew there is no such animal. Making things worse was the production I put on when I tell everyone in the room what my smoke of the day was going to be. I thought I'd be able to sneak back into the lounge without anyone noticing that my beloved cigar was in essence, pissed off literally, and here I am sans cigar. The questions came fast and furious from the lounge, "hey, where is that great Opus cigar of yours, did you drop it in the can?" I wish,,,,after more and more grilling from the members I finally had to tell them. I swear you could hear the laughter from downtown Boston and from then on I am ALWAYS aware of where my cigar is at any time. I'm thinking I learned a very valuable and expensive lesson.
:-) That's good stuff right there. Sorry you ruined such a nice cigar, but doubtful you'll be forgetting it anytime soon, so at least it was memorable.
[Reply]
gnukfu 06:40 AM 05-01-2009
Tim (TRicker) is the world champ at dropping cigars in his lap!...usually while he is driving his driving his truck for work. That doesn't stop him from dropping at least one cigar each time I'm with him while he's smoking at Azon (our local lounge)....:-)
[Reply]
ca21455 05:36 PM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Was that a bad thing? :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:30 PM 05-01-2009
When I first got serious into cigars I was in my sophomore year in college (3 years ago). I had just gotten a small desktop humidor from Thompsons and was moving my cigars from my tupperdor into the desktop. I had one really good cigar which was a Montecristo Corona and paid 9 bucks for it. I set it down on my desk and before I realized it, the cigar rolled of the desk and landed on the foot cracking the wrapper and rendering it unsmokeable. I was pretty pissed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up