Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Aristocrat Humidor Customer Service
Trent0341 01:52 PM 12-28-2011
All to often we just hear about when things go bad so I wanted to give an example of great customer service. I recently returned from a deployment. I went to reorganize my cigars that I had left in my Aristocrat end table humidor.

The drawers and shelf which are on rollers, were stuck. It took considerable force to remove them. When I took off the rollers I observed an extremely stick substance had condensed on them making them useless.

Today I called Bob. He explained to me that there is a resin in the cedar sometimes that becomes airborne and tends to stick to shiny metal surfaces. Due to the lack of use they had become stuck. He then told me he would send me all new rollers free of charge. Even when I offered to pay him he refused. Next I told him that since my collection has moved mainly to boxes and not singles that I'd like to order a shelf to replace one of my singles drawers. Bob refused to charge me for that as well.

I can't say enough good things about Bob at Aristocrat Humidors. From the ordering process to his communication during to his follow up with issues such as this. This guy is running a one man shop and does an outstanding job all around. I don't know if he comes on this forum but I can't reccomend him enough. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:57 PM 12-28-2011
Bob is a great guy for sure. Reminds me that I need to call him and order some more filters.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:00 PM 12-28-2011
Haven't had a lot of issues over the years with my Aristocrat (actually only 1), but Bobn addressed it quickly, effeciently and fairly. :-)
[Reply]
Trent0341 02:01 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Bob is a great guy for sure. Reminds me that I need to call him and order some more filters.
Haha... Which reminds me... I meant to do that today and forgot all about it. Looks like Bob's getting another call from me.
[Reply]
aaron72 02:01 PM 12-28-2011
Dan,
You're right, not enough of these types of threads. Thanks for sharing your experience.
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:15 PM 12-28-2011
Just got off the phone with Bob and ordered a 6 pack. He is great, he knew who I bought the humidor off of and knew which model I had. Smart and friendly guy!
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:22 PM 12-28-2011
To answer your question Dan,Bob is a member here and logs in when he can.
Quite a few of us have his humidors.
[Reply]
jaypulay 09:43 PM 03-15-2012
This is great to hear... I've been wanting to order an aristocrat for a while now, but have recently read some negative reviews. Glad that this worked out well for you.
[Reply]
dwoodward 10:32 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by jaypulay:
This is great to hear... I've been wanting to order an aristocrat for a while now, but have recently read some negative reviews. Glad that this worked out well for you.
Really? I have never read anything but positive about Bob's work... :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:28 AM 03-16-2012
I bought an MXT+ from Bob, and upgraded my humidification system years later. I have never had anything besides top-notch service from Bob.
[Reply]
Fia 04:36 AM 03-16-2012
Thats great to hear...one of these days I hope to be able to afford one! :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:23 AM 03-16-2012
Bob's service is second to none. He was very helpful when I ordered my cabinet and then afterwards, when I had a humidity problem. :-)
[Reply]
Xoner8 11:25 AM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by jaypulay:
I have dealt with Bob on 3 units now, and cant say enough about his product, or customer service! Staebell & Associates = Outstanding!
[Reply]
mbraud4 12:03 PM 04-10-2012
Was just talking about Bob and his service the other day with an old board member. I was debating on the Aristocrat vs Avallo humis back when I ordered mine...and although I'm sure Avallo's are nice...I could not be more pleased with the personal touch Bob has his with customers. Hard to find that in a business nowadays...:-) to Bob :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:20 PM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by mbraud4:
Was just talking about Bob and his service the other day with an old board member. I was debating on the Aristocrat vs Avallo humis back when I ordered mine...and although I'm sure Avallo's are nice...I could not be more pleased with the personal touch Bob has his with customers. Hard to find that in a business nowadays...:-) to Bob :-)
Who in the hell are you calling old? :-)
[Reply]
mbraud4 12:24 PM 04-10-2012
You insecurity about your age speaks volumes Dave :-) ha :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 04:05 PM 04-10-2012
Another amazing customer service experience with Bob here as well.

The base moulding and door of my Mini-Tall were both damaged in shipping, both of which were replaced without question. The base moulding obvious, see below, but most impressively it wasn't until months after the fact that I realized the door had also been damaged as the split was on the underside. There was never any problems with the fact that I hadn't reported all the damage at once and I had to fight to allow him to let me pay for the shipping and to send back the old door so he can recycle the beveled glass insert.

The other thing that amazes me is all teh little details that he puts into design that 99.9% of customers will never notice. For example, the spacer for all the recirculation fans are all notched and cut to match the circumference of the fan to both reduce noise and increase airflow. Unless you remove the fans you'd never even know.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:06 PM 04-10-2012
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Up