Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Winston Churchill Marrekesh
Volt 06:39 AM 02-22-2009
Ok, the Dutch laid a beat down on me here so I wanted to give one of their hit a try. Way to many awesome sticks to pick from, but after chatting with Serts in the chat room, I went for the Winston Churchill Marrekesh.

Specs:

The Winston Churchill is the only brand with full Cuban seed tobacco produced by Davidoff. The filler is a blend of Dominican Republic, Peruvian, and Nicaraguan tobaccos, finished with an Ecuadoran sun-grown wrapper.

This is a cigar the B&M has been wanting me to try. The wrapper was nice was a beautiful medium brown with just a hint of viens. Clipped with the trusty Palio and lit with my new USN Zippo with Z-Blaze insert (another smack from the Dutch). The burn was razor sharp, it never even thought about getting out of line. I even took a small break, killed a BLT, picked it up, and it was still hot enough to get going again.

It was paired with a EW 10 yr old Single Barrell and a glass of water. This was a very mild cigar with light to med flavors. Normally I would have thought the bourbon to be over powering but the cigar had a smokyness that matched the bourbon. The water kept the bourbon from over powering the cigar. As I just noted the flavors were smoky, a light sweetness, and a small amount of creaminess (not much though). Almost no noticible nic and no harshness at all. This cigar reminded me alot of a Montecristo White Rothschild, very nice morning cigar. Definitly worth a try if you looking for something new in light and mild.

I happen to know that this one came from Sander, thank you again very much, excellant cigar. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:25 AM 02-22-2009
Thanks for the review. I was gifted one of these and have been meaning to try it. Now, for some warm weather :-)
[Reply]
papajohn67 11:07 PM 02-24-2009
Spot on, I love the WC's.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:25 PM 02-25-2009
Winston Churchill is a great smoke!!!

Thanks for the review!!!

[Reply]
litedave 05:21 PM 03-01-2009
I bought a couple of these back in December and I'm going to age them for a year or so. Anything from Davidoff is usually very good.
Very excellant review. Thanks!

David
[Reply]
Serts 12:12 PM 03-05-2009
No thanks Mike it is nice to see you smile :-)
[Reply]
Up