Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Looking for an Ellen Page Swedish blu ray disc please
kzm007 10:58 PM 01-21-2010
Are there any B/Sotl's out there who wouldn't mind doing an international brother a favor?

I'm a HUGE Ellen Page fan (Juno, The Tracey Fragments, An American Crime) and have been looking for a blu-ray release of An American Crime in the US/Canadian region A. I recently emailed the film company responsible for the movie's release in my country, but they replied back stating they had no plans to release the film in blu-ray over here due to low demand for it.

After hunting around online and on movie sites, I was directed to This link which shows a Swedish blu-ray version; they ship internationally, however the film is out of stock on the site, and I am awaiting a reply from them as to if/when they plan on getting it back in stock.

There is also This retailer (all in Swedish) that appears to have the film, but for one, I don't speak Swedish at all, and for another, they don't ship internationally.

I found a seller on eBay from the UK selling copies of the BR disc, but I have not heard back from them either when I emailed to see if the film was uncut.

The reason I want the Swedish version is because it's region-free, and will play anywhere in the world, including the States. Is there anyone in Sweden, or nearby who would be kind enough to maybe purchase the film for me, and mail it out? I am more than happy to pay you for this trouble, full price, plus shipping to me, and thank you for any consideration you might give my request. We can PM with the details once a copy is found, but I'm in good standing on the forum, as well as eBay USA (begonesatan!) and Amazon USA (seller 'Kegan Mahon').

A fuller photo of the BR artwork is attached for reference, and if you also know if it's uncut, that would be helpful also.

Thank you once again. This would mean the world to me as a fan of her work :-) the first photo is the Swedish blu ray, and the second is the US DVD, the only version we have over here.

Kegan
Attached: blu.jpg (33.7 KB) dvd.jpg (41.5 KB) 
[Reply]
icehog3 11:06 PM 01-21-2010
Will this one work for you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/An-American-Crim...item518e2f2001
[Reply]
kzm007 11:11 PM 01-21-2010
It would if they'd reply to my email; that's the one on eBay I mentioned. Thanks for starting the look-out though. I just don't trust international sellers if they don't want to be helpful to a customer and answer simple questions - even an honest "I don't know." would be nice.

And $30 is still money...I've lost more, but I don't want to risk it without a response from them :-) I thought maybe I could get it, for even a few dollars cheaper, elsewhere. I'm just shocked it's so hard to find in this day and age.

Not trying to dismiss you, or sound ungrateful. Thanks for looking out, Tom.

Kegan
[Reply]
icehog3 11:15 PM 01-21-2010
No sweat, Kegan. I figured with 8669 feedback and 99.9% positive, they would be trustworthy. If see it somewhere else, I will let you know.
[Reply]
kzm007 11:26 PM 01-21-2010
I may bite the bullet, but I'm trying to pinch some pennies after my last set of bills came in. I'm just afraid if I don't grab it soon, I'll be out of luck, but an answer would be appreciated. I'm a movie lover since I knew what they were, and I've learned to appreciate unedited films.

Also can't believe that a Canadian actress, who seems world-wide popular, can't get an HD release of a film, even one as tragic and disturbing as this one was...and it doesn't even go into half the details of the true story, from what I've read.

I'm kind of afraid to read any info on it, for graphic details' sake.

Nonetheless, the search continues.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:31 PM 01-21-2010
How long ago did you send the question, Kegan? Guy has 321 items for sale, he might only get to the questions every few days?
[Reply]
kzm007 12:02 AM 01-22-2010
Oh...maybe about a week ago.

I'm just trying to gather various sources in case one falls through, etc.

I'll give him some more time, the listing's got two weeks on it, and if the quantity drops too low, I'll just grab it and be thankful. Time will tell.
[Reply]
Up