Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Chris Henry dies
e-man67 08:14 AM 12-17-2009
Updated: December 17, 2009, 10:06 AM ET
Bengals' Henry dies at 26Comment Email Print Share Associated Press

Henry

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died, one day after suffering serious injuries upon falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities describe as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Police say Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday. Henry was 26.

Away from the team because of a broken forearm, Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a residential road. Police say a dispute began at a home about a half-mile away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle."
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 08:18 AM 12-17-2009
Wow, that tiger thing is contagious.
RIP
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:19 AM 12-17-2009
Man, how sad. He was turning his life around as well :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:20 AM 12-17-2009
He was a troubled young man. RIP
[Reply]
hotreds 08:20 AM 12-17-2009
RIP
[Reply]
Blueface 08:21 AM 12-17-2009
Wow.
I heard last night in the news that he was in serious condition.
[Reply]
Tombstone 09:43 AM 12-17-2009
A thug's life is a dangerous one to live.
[Reply]
krevo 09:46 AM 12-17-2009
:-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:30 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A "THUG" ?
From the report, he had a fight with his fiancee. Happens to a lot of couples. He wasn't hiphopping around with Ray Lewis or Snoop Dog. :-)
[Reply]
Tombstone 10:37 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
From the report, he had a fight with his fiancee. Happens to a lot of couples. He wasn't hiphopping around with Ray Lewis or Snoop Dog. :-)
Henry had been involved in a string of legal troubles during his professional career, which include several arrests for such offenses as driving under the influence, marijuana possession, assault, and criminal damaging. Excuse me if I spoke the truth. Your right, he isn't a thug he is a role model.:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 11:06 AM 12-17-2009
Some needs to read into things before they get so angry. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:13 AM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Some needs to read into things before they get so angry. :-)
Or someone can explain their POV.

Either way it sucks to have your life ended at 26.
[Reply]
srduggins 11:27 AM 12-17-2009
What a shame, it seemed like he was turning his life around.
[Reply]
G G 11:31 AM 12-17-2009
RIP, sad.
[Reply]
KidRock 11:42 AM 12-17-2009
Sad,very sad...RIP
[Reply]
Blueface 11:55 AM 12-17-2009
Henry had been involved in a string of legal troubles during his professional career, which include several arrests for such offenses as driving under the influence, marijuana possession, assault, and criminal damaging. Excuse me if I spoke the truth. Your right, he isn't a thug he is a role model.:-)
While it seemed he was turning a new leaf, who knows if the characteristics that caused this past bad behavior may have re-surfaced and caused the issues that led to him jumping into the back of a pick up truck, being driven by an angry woman. It is not like he died of natural causes. Still a shame to see a talented young man die tragically and not something anyone deserves.
[Reply]
marge796 12:19 PM 12-17-2009
RIP
[Reply]
Starscream 12:21 PM 12-17-2009
No one was saying that he lived an exemplary lifestyle, but the accident that ended his life wasn't an incident of thuggish behavior (from what we know).

Despite how he died, I think that this thread should be respectful about the loss of life, no matter how it was lost.

Rest in Peace, brother.

[Reply]
Adriftpanda 12:27 PM 12-17-2009
Let's not focus on how he lived his life. There's no need to get angry. I was a fan of Chris Henry actually. I thought he had some very raw talent and thought he was getting back on track. Rest in Peace.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:00 PM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Let's not focus on how he lived his life. There's no need to get angry. I was a fan of Chris Henry actually. I thought he had some very raw talent and thought he was getting back on track. Rest in Peace.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up