Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 26
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009
yourchoice 02:19 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Any of the confident Philly fans care to back it up with a wager? Let's call it a 5er of Habanos?

Talk is cheap, Habanos are yummy!
I'll take you up on that wager. Let me know if it's on. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:35 PM 10-26-2009
Before I read all the crap posted above, I was figuring the Yankees in 6. But after seeing all the "Rollins"-esque crap posted by the Phillie fans, I'm hoping for a repeat of their last meeting in The Fall Classic, back in 1950.

Yankees in a sweep. :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 03:04 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I'll take you up on that wager. Let me know if it's on. :-)
Oh, IT'S ON!!!!

You are on for a 5er. Obviously you are taking the Phiilies.....
[Reply]
yourchoice 03:06 PM 10-26-2009
Not sure what you see as "rollins-esque" but whatever. Seems as if you don't pick the Yankees to win, you're a dope or a fool or a "blind fan". This thread is bringing back memories of conversations I had with friends at Rutgers who were Yankees/Giants/Rangers fans... a humble bunch. :-)
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Before I read all the crap posted above, I was figuring the Yankees in 6. But after seeing all the "Rollins"-esque crap posted by the Phillie fans, I'm hoping for a repeat of their last meeting in The Fall Classic, back in 1950.

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
floydpink 03:07 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:

I am a diehard Yankees fan and also a realist. Care to wager a 5 er on that prediction?
[Reply]
floydpink 03:09 PM 10-26-2009
Not sure what you see as "rollins-esque" but whatever. Seems as if you don't pick the Yankees to win, you're a dope or a fool or a "blind fan". This thread is bringing back memories of conversations I had with friends at Rutgers who were Yankees/Giants/Rangers fans... a humble bunch. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, this reminds me of my friends from Philly constantly trying to determine who makes the best cheesesteaks; Pat's or Geno's. :-)

Ooops, I just noticed you're actually from North PA, I mean South Jersey.

In a week, we will all be consoling you and your team and saying, "nice try".

Hey, you DO still have the Liberty Bell to be proud of.....
[Reply]
The Poet 03:15 PM 10-26-2009
Prediction? Phillies in 5.

Joel, I see THAT as "Rollins-esque", brother. And no, I don't think the Yanks will sweep - but I certainly don't think they will win only 1 game either. I expect the series to play out pretty much the same way it did against the Angels, with most of the games being ones either could win. Yet anyone who looks at it objectively must admit the Yankees have the edge in - well, in everything, really.
[Reply]
ade06 03:16 PM 10-26-2009
Wow, this reminds me of my friends from Philly constantly trying to determine who makes the best cheesesteaks; Pat's or Geno's.
I call B.S.

I'm not from Philly and even I know Philadelphians don't care for either Pat's or Geno's :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 03:44 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I call B.S.

I'm not from Philly and even I know Philadelphians don't care for either Pat's or Geno's :-) :-) :-)
Ok then, not to veer to far off topic, where IS the best cheesesteak in Philly then?

Actually like pizza, everyone knows the best cheesesteaks are actually in New Jersey.
[Reply]
ade06 04:00 PM 10-26-2009
Ok then, not to veer to far off topic, where IS the best cheesesteak in Philly then?
I think that one can find a general consensus that Tony Luke's makes a proper cheesesteak. :-) But all opinions are subjective. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:02 PM 10-26-2009
Actually like pizza, everyone knows the best cheesesteaks are actually in New Jersey.
:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:07 PM 10-26-2009
Not sure what you see as "rollins-esque" but whatever. Seems as if you don't pick the Yankees to win, you're a dope or a fool or a "blind fan".
Wow!:-)
How things evolve.
No one said anything about having to pick the Yankees.
Remember? Someone mentioned Phillies in 5? Did I read that wrong?
Hence a blind Phillies fan if you can't recognize they are not playing against a triple A team. They are playing the best team in baseball in 2009! Just hope they don't turn out like the Patriots.
[Reply]
ScottieM 04:08 PM 10-26-2009
Yankees play in THE toughest division in Baseball and yet they managed to win 103 games. The Phillies have some solid bats for sure but I like my Yankees Chances. Yanks in 5. Go Yankees!
[Reply]
Blueface 04:08 PM 10-26-2009
Damn Carlos, you type fast.
THat's all I have to say ATM. :-)

72 WPM last time I was tested.
I swear I have gotten way better than that now.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:11 PM 10-26-2009
If a Phillies fan, I would say nothing better than to be the underdog against the heavy favorite.
If you win, you got an upset.
If you lose, the odds were against you.

In the Yankees case, if they lose, there will be lots of unemployed folks suddenly.

So, Phillies, help save some jobs.:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:16 PM 10-26-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
If a Phillies fan, I would say nothing better than to be the underdog against the heavy favorite.
If you win, you got an upset.
If you lose, the odds were against you.

In the Yankees case, if they lose, there will be lots of unemployed folks suddenly.

So, Phillies, help save some jobs.:-)
Not to mention that, if the Phils win, all the talk will be about how good a team they have built. If the Yanks win, all the talk will be about how they "bought" a championship, not how well they played.

So Phillies just might as well lay down and let the Yankees win. Nobody will be shocked, and nobody will give them credit.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:18 PM 10-26-2009
I wonder what the trash talking stats on this matchup will be...

Philadelphia and New York both are strong contenders and it might be best if the folks from the midwest just skipover this thread altogether.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:26 PM 10-26-2009
I wonder what the trash talking stats on this matchup will be...

Philadelphia and New York both are strong contenders and it might be best if the folks from the midwest just skipover this thread altogether.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:31 PM 10-26-2009
Posted via Mobile Device
Joel,
Just realized it and totally feel for you.
I have a new found understanding and sort of feel bad.
You are from "South Jersey".
The land of nowhere. You are not accepted by northern jersey, where the majority of the population resides. On top of that, no local team anywhere in sight to call your own so understandably you look for comfort across the river, in Philadelphia, the land of brotherly love.
Makes sense.
:-):-):-)

Kidding aside, unless you are from NJ, folks have no clue of the two different worlds that exist between northern Jersey and south Jersey. At least when I left 13 years ago, it was evident.

.....and as cheesesteaks go, GENO'S!!!
[Reply]
floydpink 04:37 PM 10-26-2009
Only use people from North Jersey have for South Jersey is all the places for the maffia to bury bodies in all the pine barrens.:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 26
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up