Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Eating While Smoking?
goalie204 07:20 AM 08-13-2011
I've tried this after another thread on here told me how great it was. Not for me. I'll eat during eating time, and smoke before and/or after.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:25 AM 08-13-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Steak, lobster, Lake Erie perch, BBQ, brats, burgers, oysters, clams....I've had at all. When the food is ready, and the cigars is good and only half done...well, I ain't putting it out. :-)
This.

One of my fondest experiences was burning an 08 CoLa and half way through eating a rare cheeseburger at the same time. :-)

Delicious.

I've always liked eating while I smoke, even when I smoked cigarettes.
[Reply]
gbum 10:36 AM 08-13-2011
not for me... nuts and chocolate ok..others... no thanks...
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:39 AM 08-13-2011
I've had full meals - steak and all the trimmings - at El Gaucho and enjoyed every minute of it. Just need to make sure that your table has enough room for ashtrays :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:14 PM 08-13-2011
Steak, lobster, Lake Erie perch, BBQ, brats, burgers, oysters, clams....I've had at all. When the food is ready, and the cigars is good and only half done...well, I ain't putting it out. :-)
Baller right there boys, take note :-) Oh how I wish I could eat like you!
[Reply]
drjammer 07:01 AM 08-14-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Not for me. One thing at a time!!
:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:57 AM 08-14-2011
Wouldn't be a Herf without food, drinks and lots of cigars!!!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:05 AM 08-14-2011
Guess I'm just a multi-tasker. :-)
[Reply]
Hippiebrian 06:47 PM 08-14-2011
I like to drink with my cigars, coffee, root beer, bourbon or whatever, as it seems to add to the taste experience. Sometimes even water is nice. With food, however, I've always found I don't get the full experience either out of the food or the cigar, taking away the enjoyment from both at least a little. For me, a good cigar with a drink either before food or after, but not during.
[Reply]
weak_link 07:08 PM 08-14-2011
I eat and smoke while herfin' but not alone in my garage with the dog. Wait, I guess that's not really alone. Anyway, we've always got a ton of food at the herfs and it's hard not to graze with all the great stuff around all day.

Now if Tom tells me he's smoked while eating lobster while getting, ah, 'serviced' I'm going to be pretty impressed. That's like the trifecta of manliness right there. :-)
[Reply]
Aporschaguy 07:35 PM 08-14-2011
Originally Posted by dannyboy:
Chocolate, nuts, and cookies are all great with a smoke.
Chocolate for sure.

There are companies that enevn make packs to pair with different cigars. The prices I saw are insane...
[Reply]
goalie204 07:36 PM 08-14-2011
i see a difference between grazing on snacks or something and sitting down to a full dinner. Snacks - sure. Full dinner at the same time as a cigar - nothx
[Reply]
Aporschaguy 07:53 PM 08-14-2011
Ya I don't like eating dinner and having smoke blown in my face that's why I'm for no smoking in restaurants but not for no smoking in bars...
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:52 AM 08-15-2011
I don't eat anything while smoking, now drinking that's another story.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:05 AM 08-15-2011
Guess I'm just a multi-tasker. :-)
Must run in the family, Pops :-)

While I don't prefer to eat and smoke I definitely do it. Whatever is cooking is good :-) I've done a tasting at a few ashton events where they give you chocolate, whisky, and walnuts to show how those foods can bring out different aspects of the cigar.
[Reply]
rizzle 12:02 PM 08-16-2011
Nasty.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:08 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I eat and smoke while herfin' but not alone in my garage with the dog. Wait, I guess that's not really alone. Anyway, we've always got a ton of food at the herfs and it's hard not to graze with all the great stuff around all day.

Now if Tom tells me he's smoked while eating lobster while getting, ah, 'serviced' I'm going to be pretty impressed. That's like the trifecta of manliness right there. :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:22 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Nasty.
I'll be getting nasty all weekend in Ohio. :-)
[Reply]
acruce 07:37 PM 08-16-2011
I like my cigars after a meal with water.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:45 PM 08-16-2011
If I'm hungry and there is food infront of me I will be eating and smoking.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up