Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Have You Smoked a Drew Estate Product?
Yes! I've smoked their Acid series 34 20.12%
Yes! I've smoked their LVH series 41 24.26%
Yes! I've smoke the Liga Privada 49 28.99%
Yes, but I did not like it 46 27.22%
Yes, and I did enjoy it 53 31.36%
No, and I will never smoke one 23 13.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Do You like Drew Estate?
Tenor CS 06:50 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I've seen footage of Jonathan Drew or whatever his name is. I don't think I will be putting money in his pocket at any time. Roundabout answer, but that's what I think.
In every picture I've seen of him, I think he looks like a total douche. Like the kind of guy I'd just have to punch in the face without knowing exactly why.

I got an ACID sampler, and after 3, I wanted my money back. They were uniformly awful.
[Reply]
gvarsity 08:43 PM 11-05-2008
LVH Silencios and the Cameroons Belis are nice.
[Reply]
Tazziedevil 11:05 PM 11-05-2008
I like drew estate. I can't smoke the acids every day(well,I wouldn't want to anyway) but as a change of pace they are good.
My only gripe is the quality control. Too many are plugged, draw tight or unravel.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
silentjon 05:19 AM 11-06-2008
I can't stand any Acid cigar. I wasn't impressed at all by the LVH series. The Liga Privada is good, but pricey. I occasionally smoke a cigar from the Natural line for a change of pace.
[Reply]
jitzy 07:43 AM 11-06-2008
I was not much a lover of them till I smoked the Liga Privada, that was a really nice cigar
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:21 AM 11-06-2008
I've smoked a few Acids, Naturals & LVH. I accept them for what they are. Don't actively seek them out, but I'll smoke one from time to time.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 09:43 AM 11-06-2008
so far there were none I liked but I have heard good things about Liga Privada, will give those a try when I can and report back on ca about them :-)
[Reply]
TOB9595 10:14 AM 11-06-2008
I do enjoy the CI Legends by Drew Estates.
It's a wonderful hazelnut flavored stck.
Not had any other Drew product
Tom

EDIT: Is Tabak Especial a Drew or AB????
I do like these also for a flavorful smoke. Cleans the palate during many smokes.
T
[Reply]
duckmanco 11:00 AM 11-06-2008
LVH-EY Silencios rock, still if you ask me. I was graciously gifted 2 of the old blend from txmatt that I believe had some age on them, and they were spectacular. I picked up a box of the new blend, and they are smoking quite well, I expect the same performance as the old when these become old. The liga privada sounds nice also, but damn its pricey.
[Reply]
JonHaven 11:14 AM 11-06-2008
I smoked a Kuba Kuba last July 4th and have been getting into cigars ever since.

After sampling a bunch of others (CX2, Cohiba, RP's, RYJ, etc.), I still love the Kuba Kuba, but more as a change of pace than my regular cigar. Somebody mentioned they're better in the summer with a beer and I totally agree.

I've had several friends try the Kuba Kuba. Those who aren't regular cigar smokers say they're great while the others say the opposite. I guess you either love 'em or hate e'm.
[Reply]
Pat1075 01:04 PM 11-06-2008
I enjoyed the chateau real and the liga privada. I tried an acid wafe once and I got a head ache.
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:08 PM 11-06-2008
No offence Sancho - But for some reason the title of this thread just creeps me out!!!

I am picturing some perv hidding in an alley trying to entice a child with a candy cigar! "Pssst... Do you like Drew Estate?"

[Reply]
deschete 06:36 PM 11-06-2008
I like the Tabak Especial line and the Liga Privadas.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:38 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
No offence Sancho - But for some reason the title of this thread just creeps me out!!!

I am picturing some perv hidding in an alley trying to entice a child with a candy cigar! "Pssst... Do you like Drew Estate?"
what alley are you in?:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:39 PM 11-06-2008
I've never tried one and I don't really plan to. There are just so many other cigars that I'd prefer to taste before I have a Drew Estate.
[Reply]
brigey57 08:19 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by Sancho:
Simple enough, Im curious about how many people follow the mentality that DE makes crap sticks, or if some have actually made a decision based on sampling :-)
I'm not sure, I've never smoked one. Too many cigars I like and would rather spend my money on and enjoy like the all natural tobacco cigars without all the other stuff. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:21 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by brigey57:
I'm not sure, I've never smoked one. Too many cigars I like and would rather spend my money on and enjoy like the all natural tobacco cigars without all the other stuff. :-)
try the liga privada #9 :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 08:34 PM 11-06-2008
I answered "no" but forgot I did have a LVH... I did like it at the time but can't remember much other then it was strong...

Smoking a cigar called "pimp stick" seems a little ghey to me...

"Hey Earl, reach into your box over there and hit me with a PIMP STICK!" It doesn't sound right to me...
[Reply]
Python 07:52 PM 11-08-2008
I have smoked the Kahlua, Java Maduro, Isla del Sol, Acid Kuba Kuba, Acid Blondie, Acid Extra Ordinary Larry, and Chateau Real Natural cigars.
I did not like any of the Acid cigars.
The Chateau Real was an OK smoke.
The Isla del Sol is a good smoke for the money and is a cheaper alternative to the Java, but the tip is really sweet. Too sweet for me.
I liked the Kahlua and Java the best of the bunch, but I don't care for flavored cigars much anymore.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:58 PM 11-08-2008
I like the Java Latte.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up