Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Have You Smoked a Drew Estate Product?
Yes! I've smoked their Acid series 34 20.12%
Yes! I've smoked their LVH series 41 24.26%
Yes! I've smoke the Liga Privada 49 28.99%
Yes, but I did not like it 46 27.22%
Yes, and I did enjoy it 53 31.36%
No, and I will never smoke one 23 13.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Do You like Drew Estate?
Sancho 09:33 AM 11-05-2008
Simple enough, Im curious about how many people follow the mentality that DE makes crap sticks, or if some have actually made a decision based on sampling :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:37 AM 11-05-2008
Nope. I tried the Natural series and the Acid series and both were disgusting.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:41 AM 11-05-2008
I like the Chateau Real Maduro PC. That's about it. :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 10:28 AM 11-05-2008
I really like the Chateau Real, both natural and maddie. They are my goto morning smoke. I like the Natural line too, I dont have a pipe so when I feel like that "pipe-like" smoke I reach for a natural. I have had a couple of acids, not as terrible as most people claim, they were OK but would not buy more. I am not a fan of any coffee infused sticks but his were the best I have smoked for what thats worth.
[Reply]
AD720 10:38 AM 11-05-2008
I had a Natural one time (dark angel maybe), it was OK. I'd like to try a few more before I make any final decisions. I've had that Acid tin in my hand 2 or 3 times at the B&M before but ending up not pulling the trigger. I will get it one day and try a few Acids, if they taste as good as they smell I might like them.

I generally don't like flavored cigars that leave that saccharin sweetness on my lips.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:24 AM 11-05-2008
To be honest I enjoyed some of the ACIDs such as the Kuba Kuba, Nasty, and Def Sea.

I did not like any others and the worst was the Blondie!!!

I enjoy the Javas with coffee!

The only natural I have had is the Pimp Stick... Not bad... Not great... Plain!

I really don't buy any of these anymore because I don't need a cigar to mask the true taste of the tobacco!:-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 12:27 PM 11-05-2008
Yep, I like the LVH line from time to time. Decent and affordable.
[Reply]
webjunkie 12:28 PM 11-05-2008
Occasionally (stress occasionally) I enjoy a Drew Estates cigar.

That being said, they make the cigars that B&Ms seem to sell the most of, so I'm thankful that they exist so that the local shops stay open.
[Reply]
macpappy 01:58 PM 11-05-2008
I haven't tried any of the three listed in your poll but I have smoked quite a few of the Vintage 1990, 1992, the Decade and the 10th anniversary. They have all been enjoyable smokes for me when I gave one to my brother-in-law in Seattle, he liked it well enough to ask me to ship some to him. His B&M doesn't carry them and since he's in Washington State it's cheaper for me to buy them and ship them up to him. (He doesn't know how to turn on a computer, so forget shopping online).
[Reply]
drevim 02:03 PM 11-05-2008
I will pre-empt any posting from Tom, by saying "Suck my EGG!!!!!" :-) (love ya, buddy)
[Reply]
Pyro 02:13 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I haven't tried any of the three listed in your poll but I have smoked quite a few of the Vintage 1990, 1992, the Decade and the 10th anniversary...
In what way are those connected to Drew Estate?

I have tried and actually enjoyed Natural Dirt, Root and Clean Robusto. The small Dirt was the winner. Nothing I smoke often but nice to have for a change of pace!
[Reply]
aldukes 02:20 PM 11-05-2008
Im a very big fan of Liga Privida.
[Reply]
alley00p 02:22 PM 11-05-2008
I enjoy the LVH's and the Chateau Reals and I did like the one Liga Privada 9 that I tried. The small Tabak coffee-infused stick is a favorite in the morning while driving to work; Personally, I don't care for any of the ACID line although both of my 20-something sons do.

As was mentioned above, the ACIDs are a favorite of college and high school smokers as well as many women. If buying these can help keep a B&M open, then I can live with them.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 02:26 PM 11-05-2008
I'm a big DE fan. The Natural line, LVH Early Years, Chateau Real and Liga Privada No. 9 are part of my "regular" cigar lineup. I enjoy Acids, Java, Tabak and the now defunct Kahlua as "change of pace" smokes.

The only ones I didn't like are Ambrosia, Isla del Sol and Sauza.
[Reply]
Prozac_Puros 02:28 PM 11-05-2008
Yes, I have tried a couple..... not a big fan.
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:36 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Gargoyle:
I'm a big DE fan. The Natural line, LVH Early Years, Chateau Real and Liga Privada No. 9 are part of my "regular" cigar lineup. I enjoy Acids, Java, Tabak and the now defunct Kahlua as "change of pace" smokes.

The only ones I didn't like are Ambrosia, Isla del Sol and Sauza.
I forgot about the Kahlua and the Isla del Sol! These were not bad but not great!:-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 02:43 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I haven't tried any of the three listed in your poll but I have smoked quite a few of the Vintage 1990, 1992, the Decade and the 10th anniversary. They have all been enjoyable smokes for me when I gave one to my brother-in-law in Seattle, he liked it well enough to ask me to ship some to him. His B&M doesn't carry them and since he's in Washington State it's cheaper for me to buy them and ship them up to him. (He doesn't know how to turn on a computer, so forget shopping online).

I think you're thinking of Rocky Patel.

I have tried many different Acid cigars and I will never try another one. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I don't like Flavour/Infused stogies. I just don't like the sweetness. I like the natural sweetness of a maduro wrapper or the sweet taste of mocha/chocolate undertones of "natural" tobacco. I just don't like my tobacco to be flavored/infused to taste like a fruit, candy or libation.
What ya gonna do?
[Reply]
MithShrike 02:56 PM 11-05-2008
I had an LVH that wasn't totally wretched.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:56 PM 11-05-2008
Chris, the only ones I like are the LVH Cuban Corojo series. A solid inexpensive cigar, imo.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:17 PM 11-05-2008
LVH Silencios were one of my go-to short smokes when I started this obsession. I am a fan, at least of the "old blend" (haven't had the new one).

I have tried a couple Acid cigars in my time smoking, and found them a cross between disgusting in flavor and disgusting in taste. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up