Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Davidoff Royal Salomones
IlmProcess 01:23 PM 07-07-2016
Hey fellas,

Anyone have experience with this cigar? I did a bit of searching online and didnt find many reviews.

Ive had this in my humidor for about a year. A friend gifted it to me and I didnt know what it was until I did a bit of digging... Last night.. I had no idea this is such an expensive cigar.

I dont drink alcohol, but Im a coffee and tea drinker. Can anyone who has smoked one of these suggest a drink pairing - a dark roast french press, something lighter? I want o have a good pairing with it and get it right to enjoy the experience.

Also, anyone know if these get better with age or am I risking it going flat if I sit on it longer?

T
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:46 PM 07-07-2016
I haven't tried that particular stick but with Davidoff in general, I would advise against pairing with a strongly flavored beverage. A lot of the flavors in the Davidoff range are on the subtler side and can be easily overwhelmed by other flavors.
[Reply]
sigsauer 02:28 PM 07-07-2016
just burn it!
[Reply]
IlmProcess 04:21 PM 07-07-2016
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
I haven't tried that particular stick but with Davidoff in general, I would advise against pairing with a strongly flavored beverage. A lot of the flavors in the Davidoff range are on the subtler side and can be easily overwhelmed by other flavors.
Thank you, this is very useful :-) I don't have any experience with Davidoff, thank you for the tip

And Sigsauer, don't worry, it'll get the flame at the appropriate time :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:57 AM 07-08-2016
I wouldn't worry about pairing this or any cigar to a particular beverage. Just smoke it and drink carbonated water...
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 07:43 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I wouldn't worry about pairing this or any cigar to a particular beverage. Just smoke it and drink carbonated water...
I'll second this statement. I've gone to drinking almost exclusively water or carbonated water with my cigars. There's nothing wrong with a good pairing of course, and to each his own, but I find it helps me get the most out of whatever I'm smoking.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 07:50 AM 07-08-2016
I really like drinking coconut water with most cigars. It's refreshing and tropically "on-theme", but mild enough to not color the cigar's flavors.
[Reply]
IlmProcess 09:31 PM 07-09-2016
Thank you all for the suggestions
[Reply]
The Poet 09:52 PM 07-09-2016
Trent, if you Search Titles Only for "drink" and "beverage" you will find a number of threads that address this question . . . in general, anyway, if not for that specific cigar.
[Reply]
IlmProcess 11:38 AM 07-10-2016
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Trent, if you Search Titles Only for "drink" and "beverage" you will find a number of threads that address this question . . . in general, anyway, if not for that specific cigar.
Thank you sir. I was looking specifically for this cigar because it will be the most expensive cigar Ive ever smoked and I dont want to ruin it with a drink thst doesnt match its flavour profile.
[Reply]
Up