Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Davidoff shop opens in Houston
GrouchoM 04:49 AM 05-03-2016
http://www.houstoncigarlife.com/davi...oaks-district/

After an unexpected delay, Davidoff's Houston Flagship Store is open for business.

It features an open, non-members cigar lounge and a Houston only Davidoff Houston Edition cigar that can only be purchased at this store.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:53 AM 05-03-2016
Looks like a great shop and cool place to hang out for a cigar or three.
[Reply]
kydsid 08:17 AM 05-03-2016
Too bad they had to out it near Highland Village. i loathe getting anywhere near that cluster**** place. Mark my words too, their lounge wont last as theyll be pushed out due to smell. That complex is too hoity toity for even Davidoff.

Oh amd that line about "as we transition to a more walkable city" omg that had me in the floor. Sure for the 1%ers maybe. That line is so out of touch with Houston its beyound hillarious.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 08:47 AM 05-03-2016
I will not be visiting that shop... Location sucks for anybody trying to drive in to that area and by the time traffic dies down in the area (7/8pm) the shop will be closed.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:44 PM 05-03-2016
Davidoff is certainly a top tier brand synonymous 1%er's FWIW. Their shops are always in the most posh shopping areas.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 03:49 PM 05-03-2016
Since I'm moving to tomball I might have to check this out.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:15 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Davidoff is certainly a top tier brand synonymous 1%er's FWIW. Their shops are always in the most posh shopping areas.
Hey as a .... oh wait I just got laid off .. nm. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:06 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Davidoff is certainly a top tier brand synonymous 1%er's FWIW.
Ooh, that's no good, I'm skeered on bikers. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 05:38 AM 05-04-2016
I dont think this shop is really looking for BigJaygee, myself or even Tom, lol, as customers.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:53 AM 05-04-2016
Davidoff is about image. I doubt most of the stores even make money. All part of the branding and image; they need to be in such spots to validate their brand.
[Reply]
GrouchoM 02:51 PM 05-04-2016
Interesting thoughts, many of which I agree with. Funny, Serious Cigars which is less than a mile away sells Davidoffs (they have a very refine display in the store-sadly, never saw anyone walk in grab a handful and walk out). But, Stogie World Class Cigars and Wines, also about a mile, doesn't appear to sell them (never saw them on shelves).

It's a mute point since I won't be dreading the driving, parking and bankruptcy to visit, especially since I'm not a fan of mild expensive cigars. I like my sticks to have a punch, the Davidoff seconds I tried werent my thing on the flavors spectrum. So, I'll stick to my maduros like the Punch Elite, Illusione Rothechild and C&C Rollback Toro maduro, all of which are better values, taste and price wise.
[Reply]
kydsid 05:11 AM 05-05-2016
Stogies has Davidoff. Since the remodels they now have one of the largest humidors and lounges in Texas. There isnt a NC brand they dont carry afaik.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:55 AM 05-05-2016
It's hard to beat Davidoff on consistency. Can't recall ever smoking a tight one post Havana era.
[Reply]
Up