Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Nat Sherman cigars are no more....
NCRadioMan 12:20 PM 08-05-2020
"Nat Sherman, one of the oldest names in the American cigar business, will shut down its premium cigar businesses next month. The 90-year-old company will close both its wholesale cigar business and the company's iconic NYC retail location known as the Nat Sherman Townhouse."

More at https://halfwheel.com/nat-sherman-sh...-month/379618/
[Reply]
markem 12:21 PM 08-05-2020
Whoa!

Bad news.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 12:32 PM 08-05-2020
Oh crap! Better stock up if you like 'em. I hope there's a clearance sale.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:54 PM 08-05-2020
first box I ever bought was a box of Nat Sherman Timeless No.2, I got them just a couple days before my first herf, my first S.H.I.T. herf, first time I met Peter and I gifted him one of those ... because that's what you do ... he was very gracious accepting it. :-) Strangely enough that was not only the first box of NC I ever purchased, it was the last. Between Angel and Peter I got a heapin' helpin' of push down the slope that night, which is why " : Adam" is the gif you see below ... haha.

:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:15 PM 08-05-2020
Smoked a ton of those back when I worked in Midtown. Well, a short ton, as it was Nat's tins of little cigars for me. Would stroll down Fifth Avenue every few weeks and buy a brick of those. Haven't had one in, jeez, 40 years or so? So I guess you can blame me for the closure. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:10 AM 08-06-2020
Shame, but not surprising after the sale Altria. I was member at the townhouse lounge for years, sad to see it go.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:07 AM 08-06-2020
Do they even make anything decent anymore?? If they go on clearance, whats the one box I should look for?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:23 AM 08-06-2020
Joe! :-)

I actually don't think I have ever smoked a Nat Sherman cigar. And now I never will. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:23 PM 08-06-2020
Nat Sherman is just one an ever increasing list of names that formed NYC's retail and cultural history closing.

It will soon be just chains stores and nothing iconic & unique left to the City.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:30 PM 08-06-2020
Well, Forbidden Planet is still open. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:09 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
nothing iconic & unique left to the City.
That already happened when Thomas left and came back home to NC. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:46 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
That already happened when Thomas left and came back home to NC. :-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 01:48 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Joe! :-)

I actually don't think I have ever smoked a Nat Sherman cigar. And now I never will. :-)
Hey Tom! You didn't miss out on anything. Great lounge though.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:53 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Hey Tom! You didn't miss out on anything. Great lounge though.
I have been missing out on some Joe though! How's it going Brother?
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 03:14 PM 08-09-2020
At least I can say I went to the shop one time on a visit to the city. Beautiful shop from what I remember!
[Reply]
The Poet 04:11 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Buckeye Jack:
At least I can say I went to the shop one time on a visit to the city. Beautiful shop from what I remember!
Which one, Jack? Near as I recall, there were at least three at various times and locations in Midtown.
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 05:36 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Which one, Jack? Near as I recall, there were at least three at various times and locations in Midtown.
That I don't know unfortunately....I just remember dark wood everywhere, leather chairs. Sales people in 3 piece suits......seemed like I was transported back in time to when a cigar shop was more than some place that just wanted to sell you things but rather an experience. It was 12 years ago.....
[Reply]
Up