Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Jameson's "Black Barrel"
Brian D. 06:19 AM 12-29-2019
Another one of these crossover/hybrid/mutant :-) beverages. Jameson's Irish Whiskey that spends some (?) of its aging time in bourbon barrels.

I asked Party Source if they could get a bottle in for their tasting bar, but apparently they couldn't get it done. So, I ponied up and bought a fifth without having sampled it.

To date I've gotten second opinions from about eight other bourbon/Irish enthusiasts, and all of us liked it at least as well as original Jamo.

Who else here has tried it? Share your thoughts, I won't be offended if you see it differently. It's not like I made the stuff, y'know?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:26 AM 12-29-2019
I enjoy it. But I'm a bit of an Irish whiskey w4or3. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:01 AM 12-29-2019
I'm not a fan of most finished bourbons, and wasn't a fan of the Jameson Cask Mates that I tried. That being said, I'd give it a try if I could get a pour at a bar or friend's house without committing to a bottle.
[Reply]
Weelok 02:10 PM 12-29-2019
I bought a bottle and it was a hit. I’m not generally a bourbon enthusiast but I thought the pairing worked.
[Reply]
Brian D. 06:59 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'm not a fan of most finished bourbons, and wasn't a fan of the Jameson Cask Mates that I tried. That being said, I'd give it a try if I could get a pour at a bar or friend's house without committing to a bottle.
"So what you're saying is.."(a former boss's line he used way too often)...if I bring a bottle to Shack, you'll shove people out of your way to try it? :-)

Made another fan of the stuff this afternoon, outside a certain cigar-friendly bar many of us hang at. Wish stupid liquor laws allowed me to just bring in the dang bottle, but that wouldn't be legal.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:36 AM 12-30-2019
I don't know if I would shove anyone besides Bacon Bill, but I would definitely give it a try. I try to be an open minded curmudgeon. :-)
[Reply]
Up