Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Pappy
WhiteMamba 10:05 AM 04-05-2016
I have a friend who has been looking for a bottle of pappy van winkle for a while. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might could find one? I know it's a long shot but figured I would ask here.
[Reply]
The Poet 10:12 AM 04-05-2016
I bumped an old thread, and repost this.

http://howtobuypappy.com/
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:18 AM 04-05-2016
Haha thanks I'll send that to my buddy.
[Reply]
The Poet 10:36 AM 04-05-2016
Da nada, brother. And literally, for nothing. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:24 AM 04-05-2016
He got a good chuckle out of it. I knew it would be a long shot but figured you won't know if you don't ask.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:06 PM 04-05-2016
I love that page, it always cracks me up. But it does have some wisdom in it. I quote: "Here’s a little secret for you: that $25 bottle of W.L. Weller 12 year on the shelf is the exact same wheated bourbon as Van Winkle Lot B for half the price. Here’s another little secret: That $20 bottle of Old Weller Antique on the shelf everywhere is also the exact same wheated bourbon recipe and both of those bourbons are made at the same distillery as Pappy. In a blind taste test most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between Pappy 15 and Old Weller Antique."
I enjoy Old Weller (which the liquor store in my town sells for $19 a bottle) and really, really enjoy the Weller Antique. And for <$25 a bottle, my bank account really likes them better than chasing the fabled Pappy.
[Reply]
nutcracker 01:13 PM 04-05-2016
Make a commodity hard to come buy and everyone wants one and will pay a premium. "Limited Edition", etc. Countless examples in the cigar world.

Hopefully someone nursed a specific barrel or two, and didn't just slap a label on the usual stuff. Little extra caramel so it looks different....
[Reply]
Brlesq 01:52 PM 04-05-2016
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
I have a friend who has been looking for a bottle of pappy van winkle for a while. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might could find one? I know it's a long shot but figured I would ask here.
If he wants to find one at MSRP (so to speak), fuggedaboutit! But if he doesn't mind paying the premium market demand prices, then its not too hard to find. :-)
[Reply]
Up