Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidor options in hot apartment
GeologyRocks 05:16 PM 08-25-2012
Hey there, new guy with typical reasons for being here.

Looking to get a humidor, coolerador, or anything that works for cheap, really.

Issue: My apartment gets between 85-90 fehrenheit while I'm away at work. I keep it at 78 or 80 when I'm home. This is only between May and October, though. Normal temps in other months.

I've read that humidor in these hot temps can have issues(coolerador the same issues?). Looking for guidance..thanks!
[Reply]
kydsid 06:59 PM 08-25-2012
Look for a thread of mine in accessories forum about wineador's and how to mod and cope with hot temperatures. Sorry can't find it right now as I'm on my phone.
[Reply]
kydsid 07:57 AM 08-26-2012
Thread in question, http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19819
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 09:39 AM 08-26-2012
You've got two things to consider: temperature and relative humidity.

Temperature doesn't really hurt cigars, but sudden changes could. So, I would prefer the coolerdor to moderate the changes. The temperatures in your room are in a range that might promote tobacco beetles, so, you should consider freezing cigars before you put them with your stash. See this thread: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...reezing+cigars. Also, I would avoid buying cigars from little custom shops. Stick to major retailers and manufacturers.

The humidity needs to be controlled by beads or an active system. Realize that, as the temperature rises, you need to add water to maintain relative humidity. But, as the temperature goes down, you need to remove water. So you need a humidification system that can move water in both directions.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:50 AM 10-20-2020
If your apartment is that hot; keep them sealed & put in the fridge. They'll need to be sealed or they'll dry out in a day or two.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:02 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
If your apartment is that hot; keep them sealed & put in the fridge. They'll need to be sealed or they'll dry out in a day or two.
Unfortunately, GeologyRocks hasn't logged in for 7 1/2 years. :-)
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:50 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
So your saying there's still hope:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:50 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
How does this tread show up on my newest thread section then?
[Reply]
icehog3 03:41 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
So your saying there's still hope:-)

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
How does this tread show up on my newest thread section then?
Spammer posted right before you. He was shown the proverbial door. :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 06:55 PM 10-20-2020
Zombie thread rise from the dead!!!!

[Reply]
Up