Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Troops Room>2-14 Cavalry, FOB Cobra Iraq
colimo 09:00 AM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
This thread brought both a smile to my face and a tear to my eye today.
Stay safe, Chappy, keep doing the good work, help others with strife, and come home safe, Sir.
Thank you for your service.
:-)

Keep on keepin on.....stay safe...
enjoy and thank you
[Reply]
jjmitchem 12:36 AM 09-14-2010
Thanks everyone for all the support

Hugh - thanks for the Cigar Magazine - really loved the article called "Cigars: The Divine Right"

Jim
[Reply]
jjmitchem 04:40 AM 09-17-2010
Cigar Night Iraq

Sorry for the lighting, we were under a mortar attack warning so no outside lights and had quite a few guys out on security, so we have a good bit more that turn out for this each week

Thanks everyone!!!
[Reply]
massphatness 05:57 AM 09-17-2010
Thanks for the pics, and God bless you for your service.

Herfing while under mortar attack warning? I'll never feel bad about Moe forgetting the chocolate dipped cannoli again ... damn.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:18 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Thanks for the pics, and God bless you for your service.

Herfing while under mortar attack warning? I'll never feel bad about Moe forgetting the chocolate dipped cannoli again ... damn.
:-) Kinda puts things in perspective. Thanks for taking the time to send us pics. Looks like things are picking up over there, hope you and all your buddies stay safe. :-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 07:02 PM 09-17-2010
Cigar 6 keep up the great work out there. Looks like your keeping your Troopers well relaxed when you can. Thank you and the troops for all you guys are doing.
[Reply]
smelvis 11:49 PM 09-21-2010
Chaplin Jim
Smelvis here how are you?
[Reply]
jjmitchem 05:00 AM 09-22-2010
Dave!

Glad to see you made your way over to the Asylum!!

I think you will like it here

Jim
[Reply]
jjmitchem 07:14 AM 09-22-2010
Just got another shipment from the Asylum through Hugh

Thanks!!!

Chappy
Cigar 6
[Reply]
nick2021 11:27 AM 09-27-2010
You all take it easy at Cobra, I'm at Balad (A1)....I know that's a tough place to be and hopefully the time will go by quickly!
[Reply]
jjmitchem 10:34 PM 09-27-2010
Hey Nick

Its not so bad up here, in fact most of us would rather be here than near any flagpole!!

You take care too, and if you ever come up this way ask for "Cigar 6" so we can light one up and I can send a few back with you.

Chappy
[Reply]
nick2021 11:35 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:
Hey Nick

Its not so bad up here, in fact most of us would rather be here than near any flagpole!!

You take care too, and if you ever come up this way ask for "Cigar 6" so we can light one up and I can send a few back with you.

Chappy
Thx man, will definitely do so!
[Reply]
Swany 02:56 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by nick2021:
You all take it easy at Cobra, I'm at Balad (A1)....I know that's a tough place to be and hopefully the time will go by quickly!
Hey nick, I'm at Balad too. We should get together sometime and herf. Hooah!!
[Reply]
nick2021 04:49 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by Swany:
Hey nick, I'm at Balad too. We should get together sometime and herf. Hooah!!
will do man, sent you a PM :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:25 PM 10-14-2010
The only cigar bar in the world where they let you put your gun on the floor.
The only cigar bar in the world where they suggest you BRING a gun, probably.

Rifle, I know.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 02:54 AM 10-15-2010
Got another great package from Hugh

Thanks

And thanks for the special cigars!!!

[Reply]
SNKBYT 03:44 AM 10-15-2010
keep up the good work Capt/Cigar6 & thanks for your service.........stay safe & thanks for your service

how often do you have your Cigar Nights? when in Bagram Afgh. we had a herf every Saturday Night no matter what the weather was

cigars over there help to put back what the deployment takes out of you
[Reply]
jjmitchem 04:07 AM 10-15-2010
Alex

We have our standard cigar night every Thursday night - also no matter the weather. But with the temps starting to cool we have found ourselves gathering a little more frequently to light one up.

Since my command never bothers the chaplain on Sundays, I have found myself enjoying an afternoon coffee and cigar now that it is cool enough to do so. A few others have begun to join me when they can.

Chappy
[Reply]
SNKBYT 04:16 AM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:
Alex

We have our standard cigar night every Thursday night - also no matter the weather. But with the temps starting to cool we have found ourselves gathering a little more frequently to light one up.

Since my command never bothers the chaplain on Sundays, I have found myself enjoying an afternoon coffee and cigar now that it is cool enough to do so. A few others have begun to join me when they can.

Chappy
for the cold nights, we cheated and used a burn barrel.....I also enjoyed my Sunday afternoon cigars...alone & w/others..........stay safe & thanks again for your service
[Reply]
jjmitchem 10:34 PM 10-17-2010
I wanted to put something out here for everyone to see. It seems I got a PM from someone that is reading something different into this thread - like there is a concern that I am smoking up a majority of the cigars that are being sent here.

I have my own personal stash - My wife is sending me cigars and I have a few buddies back home that are sending me my own sticks. I currently have plenty for my own consumption since I am only smoking about 2 a week. I just received the Gurkha Spec Ops - 20 cigars from my wife, last month she sent me a mazo of Gurkhas, I have a fellow Chaplain that sends me a few RP's every month. I do find enjoyment is trading or giving away some of my sticks to other soldiers who are interested in what I have.

Now when I see an occasional interesting cigar in the bombs that I have never tried - I do partake, but for the most part I have my personal favorites.

I hope this answers any questions that are out there.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up