Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Troops Room>Quick Question
dogface_313 12:18 PM 11-05-2010
I think I know the answer to my question before I ask it, but I will throw it out there anyway.

Is there any way to get butane shipped to Iraq?

I am leaning heavily towards no, on the verge of saying hell no. However, if you know of a way I am all ears. Myself and our crew here have killed all the butane in our lighters and the two bottles that i brought with me on the journey over.
I didn't realize how many of my Soldiers would enjoy a cigar so much, hence my lack of planning. Aren't we supposed to be the experts at planning and logistics, oh well. Thanks for any answers you may have.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:00 PM 11-05-2010
Not a chance Ryan...not legally anyway. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:14 PM 11-05-2010
We haven't sent butane to the troops before?
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:15 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
We haven't sent butane to the troops before?
Yes,many cans.
All of my shipments arrived safely.
[Reply]
dogface_313 07:41 AM 11-06-2010
My optimistic side says this is good news, my pessimistic side sees me standing at attention in front of a desk in the future.
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:45 AM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
My optimistic side says this is good news, my pessimistic side sees me standing at attention in front of a desk in the future.
Tell me where you need it,I ain't skeerd.
[Reply]
nick2021 06:33 AM 11-14-2010
I have seen people get butane, but have never requested it as I figured they'd be confiscated since the local post office my wife used was pretty bad in regards to her sending cigars or cigar-related items...really pisses me off, and they'll get an ear-full when I get home next week. I think you should be okay, just don't bring it back with you as the postal people are worse in Iraq than in the states...trust me on that as the guy who sat next to me at Balad managed the postal contract in Iraq lol
[Reply]
hotreds 07:00 AM 11-14-2010
Ryan- the box I just sent you included oodles of matches; not as nice as a lighter, but at least you have a way of lighting up. I'll look into butane!
[Reply]
Whynot 09:35 AM 11-14-2010
I don't know what post you are at, but I was able to buy some at one of the Iraqi shops at Balad.
[Reply]
dogface_313 11:07 AM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Ryan- the box I just sent you included oodles of matches; not as nice as a lighter, but at least you have a way of lighting up. I'll look into butane!
You seriously are the best. I will be looking in the mail room every day. I can't wait to see my guys faces when I walk up and just hand them a cigar and tell them to relax and enjoy a couple minutes of down time.

I have seen the butane in the shops here but I don't know if I want to run that stuff in my lighters or put it to my cigars. If I have to i will buy a lighter from them too and then use the Iraqi butane in it.
[Reply]
Up