Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Illusione culebra
Don Fernando 12:51 PM 08-29-2010
Two years ago I was in a trade with an Bao, I would send him some Partagas Culebras and he would send me the Illusione Culebra. Soon after I got it I smoked one with two friends at an Amsterdam herf and made a quick review. As I didn't took pictures back then I decided to light another for some pictures and write another review while I was at it.

I love the box, the logos and especially the stamp of a box code, so you know when this cigar is produced, just like with Cuban cigars. I wish all non Cuban cigarmakers would do that. These specific 6½x33 Illusione Culebras are made in august of 2008.

The cigars come, unlike the Partagas, without a band and with little pieces of rope instead of the red ribbon which leave a mark in the wrapper. The wrapper is mocha colored with some pimples and veins. The construction feels good and I have a flawless predraw that leaves a salty tobacco flavor on my palate. This cigar is too thin to punch so I have to grab my palio to cut it.

I taste a full and spicy coffee flavor with some wood. After an inch the coffee disappears. I get a strong pepper taste on my tongue with a smooth woodflavor on the background.

After puffing for a while I only taste herbs and spices, the wood has disappeared. Even though the flavors are spicy, they are still smooth. The wood flavor makes a comeback as a support of the herbal flavors. The flavors are mild creamy and the spices bite a little on my tongue.

A little passed the middle I taste a mild minty flavor with the herbs and spices and far far away on the background even a little hint of chocolate.

The chocolate disappears almost immediately again and the herbal flavors are getting stronger. Then suddenly after two thirds I get a dominant wood flavor that sticks until I have to lay the nub to rest in my ashtray.

The smoke time of this culebra is about one hour and twenty five minutes. The draw is fine and the burn is straight as an arrow. This full flavored medium bodied cigar gives me a nice amount of medium thick smoke. The ash is light colored and not firm at all.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might just have to get myself a new box.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
GolfNut 01:00 PM 08-29-2010
Man that would be an awesome smoke. Thanks for the review. Would love to lay hands on one!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:07 PM 08-29-2010
Great review Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:43 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
Man that would be an awesome smoke. Thanks for the review. Would love to lay hands on one!
Posted via Mobile Device
new havana sells them
[Reply]
Starscream 03:33 PM 08-29-2010
I'll have to check this out! I love Illusiones.:-)

Do you know the price range for one (3) of them, Ferdinand?
[Reply]
longknocker 03:45 PM 08-29-2010
Great Review As Always, Ferdie!:-) Illusiones Are One Of My Favs.!:-)
[Reply]
G G 03:50 PM 08-29-2010
Great review as always Ferdie
[Reply]
loki 03:52 PM 08-29-2010
i've been wanting to try one but the price scares me away. nice review though
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:59 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I'll have to check this out! I love Illusiones.:-)

Do you know the price range for one (3) of them, Ferdinand?
$22 at New Havana
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:02 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
$22 at New Havana
Go ahead and pick me up a box
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:05 PM 08-29-2010
no problem, if you pay pal me $100.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:14 PM 08-29-2010
no problem, if you pay pal me $100.
Should I go ahead and mention cigars
[Reply]
Goldie 08:54 PM 08-29-2010
Good review Ferdie, and your mention of "herbs and spices" makes me want to get some KFC.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:56 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Should I go ahead and mention cigars
sure, that will get your account suspended too :-)
[Reply]
bigdix 02:57 AM 08-30-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdie!
[Reply]
bigliver 03:41 AM 08-30-2010
Been looking at these too...if nothing else just for the novelty. Thanks for the review, but not so much for further fueling my desire to get a box of these.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:47 AM 08-30-2010
just get a box Jason, invite two friends over and break out a Culebra. That will make their day, and yours.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:51 AM 08-30-2010
just get a box Jason, invite two friends over and break out a Culebra. That will make their day, and yours.
Great Idea!:-):-)
[Reply]
bigliver 05:31 AM 08-30-2010
And off we go again. Damn you guys.
[Reply]
bigdix 05:36 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by bigliver:
And off we go again. Damn you guys.
I'll show up :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >