Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>AVO Domaine #50
Chris. 04:25 PM 09-11-2010
It's been a long time since i've posted a proper review. I woke up this morning wanting to show off my latest and greatest Stinky purchase ($50 locally for the floor stand model) and review a cigar that has been taunting me from my cooler for months now.

Today I'm smoking an AVO Domaine #50. The wrapper is silky smooth, minimal veins, and is fairly dark. The shape of the #50 is an interesting, almost perfecto shape. It looks like it aims to please. The prelight draw is nearly perfect.

Initial lighting revealed a very pleasant aroma and full flavor profile. This cigar is producing a lot of smoke. So far, This has been a very enjoyable smoke. The ash fell off about an inch in. Mostly due to my negligence. Flavors are nutty and earthy, with some sweet, floral notes initially. I havent picked up on much of the floral after the first 1/4".

Entering the second third, The floral notes have returned with a bit of Cedar, I believe.

The Final Third is smooth with that dominant cedar flavor on the finish.

This cigar has had a razor sharp burn the entire time. A couple puffs per minute and it never got harsh. I would love to buy a box of these. Only about $160 online!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:32 PM 09-11-2010
Nice review Chris!!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:30 PM 09-11-2010
Thank you for the excellent review and photo's Chris. I've only smoked the #10 on a couple of past occasions and have really enjoyed that stick, but have never had the #50 to date. Guess its the cost at the local B&M. Nice looking stinky...:-)

[Reply]
jimmyk26 08:08 PM 09-11-2010
Nice review. This is my favorite size in the domaine series. I think that it is the best regular production cigar AVO puts out. Very under appreciated for what it is.
[Reply]
Up