Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Falto Perla Reserva Especial Seleccionada petit corona
Don Fernando 12:39 PM 09-09-2010
I got in touch with Luis Falto from Tabacalera Falto/La Garita Cigar co some time ago and he shipped a huge sampler my way for review purposes, so readers of my blog, you can expect a bunch of Falto reviews in the next few months. The first review is the 4x40 Falto Perla Reserva Especial seleccionada petit corona, a nice looking stick without a band made from Dominican tobacco with a Brazilian wrapper.

The wrapper of this short stick looks smooth with a few minor veins. It is quite dark, shiny and oily. The cigar has a strong barnyard aroma. The construction feels good and the predraw, that leaves a sweet raisin flavor on my palate, is great.

I taste a full coffee flavor with wood. After half an inch the coffee disappears but instead I taste wood, chocolate and pepper. Little over an inch the pepper gains some strength on a chocolate background.

Halfway I get surprised by a cinnamon flavor. The pepper fades to the background and changes into a herbal spice with pepper. The cinnamon is still there. This flavor palate sticks around till it's time to put the nub to rest in the ashtray.

This little cigar lasted me for fifty minutes. I got plenty of smoke, which was quite thin. The ash is light colored, dense and firm. The draw is great and the burn is straight like an arrow. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? If I could, I would. Great little smoke.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
papichulo 05:43 PM 09-09-2010
Great review on this Puerto Rican gem. One of my favorite shapes is a PC. I often spent time in PR at my parents house in San Juan... Keep up the good work:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 05:47 PM 09-09-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdie.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:35 PM 09-09-2010
Another stellar review my brother!!
[Reply]
G G 07:36 PM 09-09-2010
Great job Ferdie.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:24 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by papichulo:
Great review on this Puerto Rican gem. One of my favorite shapes is a PC. I often spent time in PR at my parents house in San Juan... Keep up the good work:-)
next time, get some of these, they are worth a try.
[Reply]
Up