Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Vegas de Santiago palmas torpedo
Don Fernando 12:18 PM 09-03-2010
I thought I had smoked all Vegas de Santiago cigars in the past, but when Rudi send me this sampler that I've smoked the last couple of days I discovered the Palmas, a blend I never heard off and couldn't find on the website and that made me very curious. I had the power to give the cigar quite some rest but today I just had to smoke it. I expect it to be something different from the other Vegas de Santiago smokes, as the band is completely different.

The wrapper is a bit pale and has a lot of veins, but it is also oily. The construction feels good and the cigar has a pretty strong smell of wood. The predraw is fine and I taste tobacco.

I taste a peppery and dry wood flavor with coffee and after half an inch some creamy but dry chocolate joins the party while the coffee disappears. After a third I taste a strong herbal flavor, mild creamy and quite spicy.

Halfway I taste wood and herbs and some time later some chocolate again. The chocolate disappears after two thirds and all I taste after that are wood and herbs.

The smoke time of this 6x52 torpedo is an hour and a half. I got a decent amount of smoke, which is very thick. The draw is good just like the burn. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I liked these, but can't find them on the website. It all depends on availability and price.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:13 PM 09-03-2010
Another fine review Ferdie!!
[Reply]
mobarbq 04:49 PM 09-03-2010
Good review, Ferdie. The VDS Secretos de Maestros is all I have had so far, but dying to try one of their samplers. I've had the Robusto, the Canonazo and the Torpedo, liked the Torpedo the best. Another friend told me there is another one they don't list on the website, a 4 X 60... curious they don't as I would think they'd sell a lot of them! What was the sampler above called?

[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:16 PM 09-03-2010
I got the sampler from Rudy after some emails, as I wanted to bomb some inmates (including all 11 from the team of 11) with a sampler. I think Rudy custom made them, as I haven't seen the sampler on his site.
[Reply]
Up