Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Berger & Argenti Mooch "Minnie"
thebayratt 07:13 PM 08-30-2010
Berger & Argenti Mooch "Minnie"

Filler: Sweet Nicaraguan Cuban seed from Esteli
Binder: Jalapa-grown
Wrapper: Sun-grown Ecuador Connecticut Seed

Punch cut, preligh draw reminds me somewhat of a Monte White.
Nice light brown wrapper with a few veins and not hard/soft spots. Though the cigar edge was not very "defined".

Toasted the foot and it took really well and fast. Lots of smoke on the draw. The first few draws was very unflavorful and I thought to myself "great another dog rocket". A few draws into it and the creaminess arose with a very faint hint of spice. The spice was more on the retrohale but not overpowering at all. Its hard for me to point out distinct flavors on milder cigars, but still reminds me of a Monte White with a touch of spice on the tip of my tongue. The burn is dead on with white ash and grey tones throughout; no flakes.

The second third came quick and the burn got slightly off; it is a windy day out. The creamy is going out and spice is working its way in more prevalent. Started making "sizzling" noises.... hmmm...... odd!
When the spice backed off I tasted cramy buttery toasty nuances.
This cigar is mild flavored and mild-med body to me.

The last third was more spicy than before with creamy cedar notes. Nothing overpowering and fairly pleasant. The creamyness wore off and the spice was in for the rest of the smoke.
I was drinking a cola with the cigar and milk of chocolate milk would have been a better pair to me.

Not too many flavors or changes in this cigar, but not "one deminsional" The first few draws were almost unflavorful, but matured to some nice flavors.

I like a more fuller cigar, but this one was not bad at all. I've had alot worse and alot better. But if you like a Monte White and not the price, check out this cigar.

From a recent B & A company press release:
Mooch® is a medium-bodied, rich and creamy smoking experience that, along with the Berger & Argenti Clasico®, represents the best value in the premium long-filler cigar market. Produced with a flavorful Nicaraguan Cuban seed filler and binder crop and enveloped in a sun-grown Ecuador Connecticut Seed wrapper, Mooch® is aimed to appeal to the ‘everyday’ cigar enthusiast with suggested retail price points ranging from $3.99 to $5.79 per cigar, offering superior value and indisputable affordability for a completely handcrafted, long filler cigar brand.

“This brand is meant to fit the budget of consumers who want to enjoy the admirable everyday pursuit of smoking premium cigars yet have to deal with harsh economic realities each time they make a purchase,” stated Albert Argenti, vice president and co-founder of Berger & Argenti, Inc. “Whether it’s the current economic climate in this country or residing in an area where the tax burden on cigars is ridiculously high, I believe Mooch® will not only ease the burden on their wallet, but also be greatly appreciated for its exceptional flavor and craftsmanship.”

Mooch® is available in four uniquely christened sizes:
‘Minnie’ (4 ¾”x 42 Corona);
‘Schnorr’ (5” x 50 Robusto);
‘Loll (6” x 52 Belicoso);
and ‘Windbag’ (7” x 49 Churchill). Thirty (30) Mooch®cigars are delicately packaged in perforated Spanish cedar boxes. Tobacconists may also opt to dispense Mooch® cigars in an eye-catching, space-saving display tray.

“I wanted this fantastic new brand to have thirty cigars in a box because of the ‘mooch factor’ when entertaining friends and colleagues”, continued Argenti. “Twenty cigars were never enough. But at these price points, I suppose cigar mooches can get their own now.”
[Reply]
OHRD 07:31 AM 08-31-2010
Great review Shawn - this is one of my new favorites. Did you find it in your B&M already?
[Reply]
thebayratt 05:05 PM 08-31-2010
No. It was from IPCPR.
Should be out soon if not already.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:08 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by thebayratt:
No. It was from IPCPR.
Should be out soon if not already.
About 2 weeks, according to the e-mail I got from Al Argenti after winning the Toasted Foot contest.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bigdix 06:20 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
About 2 weeks, according to the e-mail I got from Al Argenti after winning the Toasted Foot contest.
Posted via Mobile Device
So what was your slogan?
[Reply]
Kreth 07:23 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
So what was your slogan?
"Get your own!" It was the first thing to pop into my head when I saw the name of the cigar.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dannysguitar 08:42 AM 09-01-2010
"Get your own!" It was the first thing to pop into my head when I saw the name of the cigar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Congrats bro! :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 09:24 AM 09-01-2010
Posted via Mobile Device
The box of MOOCH that Kreth won holds 30 cigars....so, all you Mooches out there, hit him up!!!
[Reply]
PortlandCigarClub 09:29 AM 09-01-2010
Great review Shawn and congratulations Kreth! For those of you in Portland, the 'Mooch' will be available at Rich's on Alder soon.
[Reply]
Kreth 12:38 PM 09-01-2010
Thanks,guys, and nice review, Shawn. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up