Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Liga Miami by El Primer Mundo
awsmith4 11:32 PM 08-18-2010

Tonight I smoked Primer Mundo's brand new cigar, Liga Miami. It measures 6x52 and upon first inspection is well constructed. It feels firm and the pre light draw offers the perfect amount of resistance. The cigar features an Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrapper with 2 Nicaraguan binders.

1st Third - The cigar opens with an earthy taste in my mouth but a good bit of pepper in my nose. After the first 1/2in the pepper begins to fade but is still present and earthy and sweet tones with a nutty finish. I would say medium body and after an inch I can roll an entire puff through my nose which for an NC is rare. Draw is perfect and produces a good amount of smoke. The burn is good, not razor sharp but close enough.

2nd Third - A caramel type sweetness starts to really present itself and the strength picks up but still an easy nose smoke. Pepper still is present but muted. Burn and draw still good.

Final Third - Strength increases to make this almost full bodied. Spice picks up but still able to nose smoke to an extent. Draw still perfect, burn needed touch up but nothing too bad. Caramel and spice tasting great together. By the end it was strong and spicy but still tasting great and never bitter. Nubbed it and loved it.

Overall I enjoyed this cigar and would buy/recommend this stick. You should try it if you get the chance :-)
[Reply]
joetownhound 01:58 AM 08-24-2010
great review Albert. Sounds and looks delicious.
[Reply]
Powers 04:49 PM 08-24-2010
Thanks for the review albert! I enjoyed mine as well :-)
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 11:59 PM 08-27-2010
I will smoke one soon...
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:05 PM 08-28-2010
Sounds nice... now where to find them?
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:57 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Sounds nice... now where to find them?
I know Wiseash Cigars near me has them and possibly Blue Havana II (member here) but I will send the owner of Primer Mundo a message and find out.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 08:15 PM 08-31-2010
Sean Williams is the owner/blender and is by far one of the nicest, most sincere guys you'll ever meet. This is his baby to date...If anyone is looking, shot me a PM for contact info for his home shop here in ATL. John is the owner of the shop and will do phone orders of anything he has in stock. This cigar is fantastic, at a recent local herf, Sean was kind enough to provide us with 2 boxes to hand out, the acclaims were forthcoming from all over.

Awesome review bro...I'm glad you enjoyed it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:01 AM 09-01-2010
Great review Albert. :-)
[Reply]
papichulo 08:41 AM 09-04-2010
If you were doing a blind review I would have thought it was on a PLPC. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Up